Honored Contributor

Re: Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

I do think Morgen has the TTV for tomorrow.

Occasional Contributor

• What other brand of argan oil ? I have been using Shea Terra brand Argan  Beauty Milk. It was approx. 25.00 because of coupon from retail not. I did have problem with them shipping to me so now I will buy it on Amazon. I love it. Is more like a serum that use. My wrinkles under my eyes look better, which actually shocked me ! But, over it I use Josie light argan oil. So, I might just order that brand. 
Honored Contributor

@bigbro6 wrote:
  • What other brand of argan oil ? I have been using Shea Terra brand Argan  Beauty Milk. It was approx. 25.00 because of coupon from retail not. I did have problem with them shipping to me so now I will buy it on Amazon. I love it. Is more like a serum that use. My wrinkles under my eyes look better, which actually shocked me ! But, over it I use Josie light argan oil. So, I might just order that brand. 

SheaTerra makes an excellent 100 percent pure, unaltered (JM's is deodorized) certified organic Argan oil at a very reasonable price.

Personally, though, I would buy it from their site to insure that it is the freshest possible. Maybe your shipping problem was just a glitch. I never experienced any difficulties in that regard.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.

First off there are tons of other companies making 100% pure argan oil-with nothing else added-and for alot cheaper than Josies.

And although a few other things you said has me wondering where you got your information from, what I really want to know is where you got the bolded information above because it is not true. Sure, if a product contains a multitude of ingredients in it and argan oil is down on the lower part of the ingredients, you aren't really getting any true benefit from it but argan oil mixed with a few different other oils or only a handful of ingredients or if it is in the top 3 ingredients in a laundry list of ingredients you will still get the full benefits of argan oil.

There is a big difference in saying mixing it with other ingredients will cause it to lose efficacy and saying if it is mixed with a bunch of ingredients with argan oil low in the list isn't providing any argan oil benefits.

Esteemed Contributor

For me the first person I heard talking about and selling argan products was Adrienne Arpel in her Signature Club A brand on HSN.  Adrienne started pushing argan oil 15 years ago.  Initially her argan was 100% argan oil and the other products listed argan right after wate in the ingredient deck.  However,  she has since added other ingredients to all of her argan products line (obviously an HSN decision to keep the price low).

There are a lot of products which appear on the market these days being promoted as argan oil when in fact, some contain only small amount of actual argan oil, and a lot of cheap fluff.  If it's argan oil you want please read the ingredient deck to make sure that is what you are truly getting. I realize that price per ounce Josie Maran's oil and her brand's other products are expensive. That said I happen to love her pure argan oil, but I also have no issue with Shea Terra's and other cold pressed 100% argan oils I've tried.  I typically now only buy Josie's when it's included in a well priced set (such as a QVC TSV).  Otherwise my skin feels just as happy with some of the other brands.   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trix wrote:

For me the first person I heard talking about and selling argan products was Adrienne Arpel in her Signature Club A brand on HSN.  Adrienne started pushing argan oil 15 years ago.  Initially her argan was 100% argan oil and the other products listed argan right after wate in the ingredient deck.  However,  she has since added other ingredients to all of her argan products line (obviously an HSN decision to keep the price low).

There are a lot of products which appear on the market these days being promoted as argan oil when in fact, some contain only small amount of actual argan oil, and a lot of cheap fluff.  If it's argan oil you want please read the ingredient deck to make sure that is what you are truly getting. I realize that price per ounce Josie Maran's oil and her brand's other products are expensive. That said I happen to love her pure argan oil, but I also have no issue with Shea Terra's and other cold pressed 100% argan oils I've tried.  I typically now only buy Josie's when it's included in a well priced set (such as a QVC TSV).  Otherwise my skin feels just as happy with some of the other brands.   

@Trix I've heard others mention Adrienne Arpel but for those of us who are only fairly recent shopping channel watchers, we wouldn't have heard of her unless someone we know used the products (which I did not), assuming she only sells on HSN? I had heard of and used Josie's products long before I started watching (or even heard of) QVC a few years ago. Her stuff was sold at Sephora and I think I first bought something of hers back in 2007? Back then I don't know remember her having just a bottle of argan oil to buy though- if I remember it was just in her products and she focused alot more on makeup then skincare like she does now. I actually miss her makeup, lol, but that is another topic for another time..I don't know how long she has been on QVC but if she had only been on qvc and not in Sephora, I wouldn't have been familar with her products either.

Regular Contributor

I took a look at one of the Morgen products that I was interested in and saw there were three ingredients and the last is fragrance.  Is that common?

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Yes,everyone is jumping on Josie's bandwagon     Smiley Happy 

Is it pure and untested on animals?????

@MalteseMomma  Don't buy the hype. Contrary to how she likes to present it, Josie didn't "discover" Argon Oil. 

She never claimed to have discovered argan oil overall, she just said she discovered it for herself. Obviously she gives credit to the French woman, lol, for introducing her to argan oil so that shows that she learned about it from someone else. I wish people would understand this distinction and quit saying Josie says she discovered argan oil.

And the fact of the matter is, like it or not, regardless of how long argan oil has been around, Josie really brought it to the forefront. I personally had never heard of argan oil before Josie's products. However, you can buy 100% pure, organic, cold pressed oil much cheaper than hers. She charges wayyyy too much for it.

@HappyDaze

I thought Adrienne "discovered" it many years ago when she added an argon line to her Signature Club A at HSN!Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

Yes,everyone is jumping on Josie's bandwagon     Smiley Happy 

Is it pure and untested on animals?????

@MalteseMomma  Don't buy the hype. Contrary to how she likes to present it, Josie didn't "discover" Argon Oil. 

She never claimed to have discovered argan oil overall, she just said she discovered it for herself. Obviously she gives credit to the French woman, lol, for introducing her to argan oil so that shows that she learned about it from someone else. I wish people would understand this distinction and quit saying Josie says she discovered argan oil.

And the fact of the matter is, like it or not, regardless of how long argan oil has been around, Josie really brought it to the forefront. I personally had never heard of argan oil before Josie's products. However, you can buy 100% pure, organic, cold pressed oil much cheaper than hers. She charges wayyyy too much for it.

@HappyDaze

I thought Adrienne "discovered" it many years ago when she added an argon line to her Signature Club A at HSN!Woman Frustrated

@eddyandme I have no idea since I don't know who she is except heard a few people on these forums mention her name. Argan oil has been around for hundreds if not thousands of years. I'm pretty sure no American or European discovered it, lol

Esteemed Contributor

@HappyDaze

Adrienne Arpel, sold in dept stores for years, then brought her skincare and cosmetics to HSN exclusively and called it Signature Club A.  And, when she started her argan line she had a similar story as Josie's, i.e., they both saw some beautiful lady in Africa or something, Adrienne actually would show a pic of a tree, and thus "discovered" it.  What I'm trying to say is they all use the same ploy of discovering something, like that guy who used to sell shampoo on QVC and now sells it under a different name on HSN - what did he "discover" some kind of nut(?).  Just wish someone would truly discover the 'fountain of youth'!Woman LOL