Valued Contributor

Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

New skin care  line presented by Morgan Schick contains new twist on all argon oil skin care products. Sound really good but does anyone have any thoughts?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Thoughts on new ACTIVE ARGON products on other channel?

Yes,everyone is jumping on Josie's bandwagon     Smiley Happy 

Is it pure and untested on animals?????

Respected Contributor

• Formulated with the exclusive activated argan complex- a proprietary blend of organic argan oil, ozone and medical grade oxygen

Interesting ingredient list in the oil drops.

Respected Contributor

I didn't get to see Morgan Schick present the line, but did go onto the site to see the products.

My initial thought was that I really like the price points! Josie seems to be getting steep!

I always liked Morgan Schick's products and did use her cosmetics. Always loved her concealer kit and the famous Schick Stick! 

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Respected Contributor

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@MalteseMomma  Don't buy the hype. Contrary to how she likes to present it, Josie didn't "discover" Argon Oil. 

Trusted Contributor

You can buy organic argan oil at Sprouts at $14.99 oz.  I got it on sale for less.

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@MalteseMomma wrote:

@MalteseMomma  Don't buy the hype. Contrary to how she likes to present it, Josie didn't "discover" Argon Oil. 

She never claimed to have discovered argan oil overall, she just said she discovered it for herself. Obviously she gives credit to the French woman, lol, for introducing her to argan oil so that shows that she learned about it from someone else. I wish people would understand this distinction and quit saying Josie says she discovered argan oil.

And the fact of the matter is, like it or not, regardless of how long argan oil has been around, Josie really brought it to the forefront. I personally had never heard of argan oil before Josie's products. However, you can buy 100% pure, organic, cold pressed oil much cheaper than hers. She charges wayyyy too much for it.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze  I know HappyDaze that she doesn't actually claim to have discovered Argon oil, and yes, she deserves credit for what she's done. I just can't help myself. That story with the old woman makes it sound like she stumbled across liquid gold, lol. Drives me nuts. Her prices are approaching liquid gold levels, haha. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@HappyDaze  I know HappyDaze that she doesn't actually claim to have discovered Argon oil, and yes, she deserves credit for what she's done. I just can't help myself. That story with the old woman makes it sound like she stumbled across liquid gold, lol. Drives me nuts. Her prices are approaching liquid gold levels, haha. 

@Reba055 lol, yeah, agreed! Also when she quotes the magazine (New York times??) as calling argan oil "liquid gold," she implies it is hers they are referring to, not argan oil in general, which it is. That is a bit deceptive, imo.

Trusted Contributor

Pure Argan oil should never be in a clear bottle, only in a dark bottle, not in tubes, jars, etc.  When Argan oil is mixed with other ingredients, the Argan oil looses its effect.  I also don't fall for all the hype about how these large amounts of this pure organic oil can be sold and how many is sold.  Since it is extremely rare and not much is produced, does it make you wonder how Josie can sell thousands of these Argan products?  I have read many many articles about Argan oil and most of them say that either there is no Argan oil in these products, they use different oils or the majority of Argan oil is mixed with other oils, so a miniscule amount of the pure Argan oil is used.   So buyers beware.  Do your research before spending your money on these 'so called' Argan oil products and just look at all Josie's products and read all the ingredients, along with Morgan Schicks line on Evine.