Respected Contributor

Thinking (just thinking) of trying Jojoba oil & Cranberry Seed Oil and that's it???

Maybe cleansing with Jojoba and then using Jojoba and Cranberry Seed oil mixed and my moist?

Just REALLY (Really) trying (trying) to get rid of chemicals and SIMPLYFY my routine.

I have heard good things about BOTH and have BOTH on hand, thought, why not try it for a week and see what happens??

How do I cleanse with the Jojoba? I've never tried Oil Cleansing oil and would it be to much to Cleanse with it AND moisturize with it (and Cranberry)

Just thought I would post and see what some of your thoughts would be, I am so tired of TONS of stuff under my sink, I really am - Just tired of it!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Thinking (just thinking) of trying Jojoba oil & Cranberry Seed Oil and that's it???

Sure, why not? It doesn't hurt to try it and see how it works for you. For many of us, less is more! I only use oils as my "moisturizer". Just don't forget your SPF EVERY day, that is something that should never be left out of anyone's skincare routine for a variety of reasons.

Respected Contributor

Re: Thinking (just thinking) of trying Jojoba oil & Cranberry Seed Oil and that's it???

On 1/10/2014 HappyDaze said:

Sure, why not? It doesn't hurt to try it and see how it works for you. For many of us, less is more! I only use oils as my "moisturizer". Just don't forget your SPF EVERY day, that is something that should never be left out of anyone's skincare routine for a variety of reasons.

Thanks Happy Daze, I use Bare Minerals SPF powder with SPF and the mineral veil 1 time during the day that has SPF 25, I am "hoping" that is enough SPF, I am INDOORS all day except my 20min commute to work. I am going to "try" this for 3 weeks, if I don't break out awful, I think I might just stick with it, trying to figure out how to save $$, I like to donate to animal rescue's and I just took on another rescue dog so for me, less is more even though I want to look my best. Just heard that jojoba and cranberry seed are best for combo/breakout prone skin.

Still don't know how to "cleanse" with Jojoba so I am still using my Mario bandescu cleanser.

Super Contributor

Hmmmm....not sure how you'd cleanse with jojoba oil? I've used jojoba in the past for a while on my face because I'm super breakout prone & it's recommended for acne prone skin.

Please let us know how the cranberry oil works if you decide to use it! Also-if you figure out how to cleanse with them!

GL Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

On 1/10/2014 bunnypink said:

Hmmmm....not sure how you'd cleanse with jojoba oil? I've used jojoba in the past for a while on my face because I'm super breakout prone & it's recommended for acne prone skin.

Please let us know how the cranberry oil works if you decide to use it! Also-if you figure out how to cleanse with them!

GL Smiley Happy

I WILL bunnypink, I'm doing research as I type this Smiley Happy I just want great looking skin, moisturized, breakout free w/out spending a ton of money, I would rather use my extra 50-100 a month that I use on skincare/makeup etc. on dog rescue groups so that I can make a diff. in a dogs life. Don't get me wrong, I still want to look great with great skin but I think oils can get us there.

My GREAT GREAT aunt is in her late 80's and OMG you should see her skin, she only uses oils for cleansing and moisturizer and always has (she said for as long as she could remember) just made me think......

Honored Contributor

On 1/10/2014 Sandgirl said:
On 1/10/2014 bunnypink said:

GL Smiley Happy

I WILL bunnypink, I'm doing research as I type this Smiley Happy I just want great looking skin, moisturized, breakout free w/out spending a ton of money, I would rather use my extra 50-100 a month that I use on skincare/makeup etc. on dog rescue groups so that I can make a diff. in a dogs life. Don't get me wrong, I still want to look great with great skin but I think oils can get us there.

My GREAT GREAT aunt is in her late 80's and OMG you should see her skin, she only uses oils for cleansing and moisturizer and always has (she said for as long as she could remember) just made me think......

{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Honored Contributor

Thanks Happy Daze, I use Bare Minerals SPF powder with SPF and the mineral veil 1 time during the day that has SPF 25, I am "hoping" that is enough SPF, I am INDOORS all day except my 20min commute to work. I am going to "try" this for 3 weeks, if I don't break out awful, I think I might just stick with it, trying to figure out how to save $$, I like to donate to animal rescue's and I just took on another rescue dog so for me, less is more even though I want to look my best. Just heard that jojoba and cranberry seed are best for combo/breakout prone skin.

Still don't know how to "cleanse" with Jojoba so I am still using my Mario bandescu cleanser.

I am not sure if powder SPF really offers the best protection, maybe someone else can chime in. I do use powder SPF too but to touch up throughout the day over makup if I am wearing makeup that doay but I always always always wear a regular cream-type SPF too.

And {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} to the animal rescuing! I am a rescue mom too and am also a foster mom for dogs. I love each and every one that has come through my home over the years.

Respected Contributor

I am not sure if powder SPF really offers the best protection, maybe someone else can chime in. I do use powder SPF too but to touch up throughout the day over makup if I am wearing makeup that doay but I always always always wear a regular cream-type SPF too.

And {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} to the animal rescuing! I am a rescue mom too and am also a foster mom for dogs. I love each and every one that has come through my home over the years.

I am just a HUGE foster failure - LOL, meaning I foster than can't give up - so now I have 3, I am a CLEAN NUT!!!! so cleaning is now my 2nd job, lol, thank god all of them don't mind having their feet wiped as coming in, I donate when I can and would like to donate more but that means cutting back, that's why I'm trying to cut back on "ME" where I can. I only go to the salon 2-3 times a year for a trim (no need to color YET..even in my 40's, no gray) so I figure skin care cost is killing me so I need to cut back so I can give more to those doggies that need it!

Honored Contributor

Sandgirl, you are such a sweetheart.

I read your posts all the time and know that you like to look for chemical free. It can be expensive. I know I've seen Oil Cleansing Method (OCM) threads here before. Do a search and see if you find some.

That's great that you do so much for the poor pups out there. Thank you so much!!

Trusted Contributor

sandgirl, I'd caution against trying them both at the same time. They might work perfectly fine together. But I always advise to just add one new thing at a time, especially if are acne prone.

I'm a huge fan of cranberry oil. Love that stuff, lol! And I know jojoba oil is a popular choice and often recommended. Even Denise at Buzz on Acne says it's usually a safe bet. But I happen to be one can't use jojoba without breaking out. I'm not the only one either as I've heard others say the same thing.

So go ahead, but pick one and use it for 3 to 6 weeks before adding in the other. My 2cents anyway.Kiss

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~