Valued Contributor

I'm watching Kersten..and she'e selling the GHD Flat Iron..and she begins with..This is THE ONLY THING I USE TO STRAIGHTEN my hair..WHAT? just the other day when she was on with Maria McCool..from Calista..the ONLY THING SHE USES ON HER HAIR is the PERFECTOR...OMG her nose is growing before my eyes........

Honored Contributor

Re: There she goes again....

Don't they all do things like that?  Part of their sales pitch.  Can't say that I typically believe everything that a host says.

Regular Contributor

I would respect the  opinions of the hosts more if they would just admit that they use multiple items or just tried the item being presented and like it.  It's also unrealistic to believe that they like evey single product that they present.   I don't need someone to say they use a product exclusively for me to consider it.   I don't use only one thing all of the time and surely don't expect someone who sells multiple brands to never use any other brand. 

That is why these boards and Google are so important.   Get hopefully unbiased opinions from several different sources.  

Trusted Contributor

NO.  They ALL do NOT say things like that.  Some hosts know how to DO IT with style and are also truthful.   Others just do not know how to sell on tv.  Say anything just to make a sale to gullible people.  I change the channel when this woman sells anything. 

Frequent Contributor

I noticed a little fib like that last week from another host..It irritated me a little but it is what it is...

Esteemed Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan wrote:

NO.  They ALL do NOT say things like that.  Some hosts know how to DO IT with style and are also truthful.   Others just do not know how to sell on tv.  Say anything just to make a sale to gullible people.  I change the channel when this woman sells anything. 

----------------------------------------

She is one of three hosts that I will not watch.  Such

poor selling techniques...she needs more training!  I do not need any host to tell me that she/he owns a product in order for me to consider purchasing!!

Honored Contributor

There are definitely a few hosts that are constantly saying these things as part of their sales tactics. There are ways to sell things without lying and some hosts are definitely better at it than others. I don't really care though as I don't care what a host uses or doesn't use and don't buy based on what they say they like as I know they are there to sell and will say almost anything to do so. I don't like when they lie, of course, but like someone else said, it is what it is. Certainly a host will not ever say "I don't use or like this product but give it a try anyway, you might like it!" lol.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe she uses the flat iron to flatten and Calista tool for curling or styling.  They both have different uses.  i myself own many styling tools, and I would not be lying if I said I used them all for different results.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Frequent Contributor

All I want to say is DON'T buy the GHD flat iron. I had it for only 7 months and its broken already. All it does is constantly beep and nevers heats up...what a waste of money.

I also checked online trying to figure out what the problem is and I saw a lot of other people were having the same exact issue. SAVE YOUR MONEY!

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BiancaMy perfector stopped working months after I purchased it.  QVC took it back.  I had to pay return shipping, but got a refund on the purchase price.  Give them a call and see what they say.  When I called it was to get a customer service phone number for Calista tools and qvc cust service had me send it back to qvc.