Trusted Contributor

Re: The mirror is no longer a friend to me.

Well my mirror may not be my friend, but my cellphone camera is downright hostile. It hangs out in my lap and takes pictures of the underside of my chin!
Do the math.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Omy!! Ladies you made me laugh!! So on point!! Especially! Cell phone having a mind of its own!! This morning preparing myself for new online pictures. While doing my hair and makeup, Came to me! How my thinking has changed about makeup. Used to hardly put forth the effort, Felt natural was best. Fact is, Speaking only for myself-Not better! With age features start to move and drop! Thanks! YouTube beauty guru's- Sharon; TwoMinuteTips makeup artist from Canada 74 shared several wonderful tips. Back to this morning, Said to myself while ajusting my falling face! Lol must come back and share the importance of makeup tricks! Brows to shading under the chin and slightly below neck! Dimishes sagging. Takes very little time daily 10mins! Helps me feel confident. 💁
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, Isn't that the truth! My slogan is, "no one's looking at me anyway".

THATS the truth!

This is definitely true for me!  It was still a bit of a shock to realize that after I turned 50, I became invisible to everyone under the age of 30, LOL!  It's like they'd look at me, think...same age as Mom...IGNORE.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just a thought .... in some instances, wearing a choker necklace will create a diversion ....  I read they are back in style .... metal, pearls, lace, beads  and leather ......

Image result for woman wearing a choker

Super Contributor

That's exactly where I saw mine for the first time.  At a stop light & I looked into the rear view mirror. Thought it was a distortion in the glass. It wasn't. Really didn't want to see "objects are closer than they seem".

Now, when I'm at my make up mirror [for skin care] all I can see are the furrows down the middle of my neck & the turkey wattle.

Lol about holding your chin up. My daughter was just looking at some family reunion photos & she remarked how my sister & I had the chin lifted thing going on. I told her it's heredity & also we were goofing off about our double chins & did it on purpose.