Honored Contributor

Re: The mirror is no longer a friend to me.

@qualitygal   Yes....at 61 I notice I am no longer a spring chicken.....the mirror sometimes is hard to look into. I pretty much look from the neck up only.  Even that can be depressing with no makeup on. 

I am OK  with who I am.  I went through 4 joint replacements over the last four years and now actually feel better than I have in all those years that I suffered such debilitating pain from bone on bone. I have arthritis in my neck....but, other than that, my health is  very good.  I have a few new wrinkles....oh well.  I try to be greatful for all the good in my life.....and not dwell on the negative. 

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@hoosieroriginal, Isn't that the truth! My slogan is, "no one's looking at me anyway".

THATS the truth!

Honored Contributor

I avoid mirrors at all costs. I hate having to tweeze my brows cause, magnification..

Anyone ever read that Nora Ephron book, it's called something Iike I Feel Badly About My Neck. It's hilarious. I'm also reminded of Diane Keaton in the turtlenecks in summer in Something's Gotta Give. One of my all time favorite movies.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Esteemed Contributor

Remember this old joke:

Mirror, mirror

On the wall

I am my mother

After All

I'm trying my best, but you can't beat time and heredity.  Lotions and potions.  Every "wonder" product.  I would consider a few injections (1) if the cost was right and (2) the results would last a long time.  Oh well, I can dream on.  

Honored Contributor

One positive(?)thing is that I no longer need to ASK for my senior discount.....

Respected Contributor

Really, I don't have a turkey neck yet. I just have good posture from all those ballet dancing yrs..always chin up! @ QualityGal not chin up where your eyes meet the sky, not drowning in the rain ROFL!  You have to train yourself lol!

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Oh, well here's a warning you should definitely heed .........

I was in a beauty supply store recently and saw an 18X magnification mirror ... never saw 18X before and innocently held it up to my face.   WOW, what a mistake!    OMG, my skin looked like craters on the moon!  

Beauties BEWARE of 18X magnification mirrors!  LOL  Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44I have a 15X and I held it up for my husband to look at it one time and he said "Why do you use that, it is terrible and shows everything"Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Daily check my conair 10× magnifying mirror! Chin hair. Easy fix with tweezers. Blame hormones biotin also! Good news! Eyebrows grown in after being thin. Swear Philosophy Hope isn't Enough Serum. But! Truth is my hair is natural grey so I'm not trying to fool anyone. Cup size! Has grown!?! Checking with other women my age seems common problem. Recently experienced difficulty wearing Wacoal my go to brand. Desperate tried breezies bra! No more shoulder pain. So yes! Growing older isn't for the faint of heart! Bring it on!!🙋

@Sweet_SerenityI told my husband that my under arm hair has climbed up to my chinWoman Frustrated And hardly any hair on my legs anymore. My behind side left and went to my stomachWoman Sad

Trusted Contributor

I was walking quickly through a department store and saw a chubby older looking lady walking toward me.  I thought to myself, "Wow, she has a coat just like mine!"  It WAS me, walking quickly toward a mirrored wall.  Yikes! All I could do was laugh.

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

The same thing happened to me with the side mirror !

That particular mirror has to be the most degrading thing 

to look into ! It's horrible. Don't worry. (: