Super Contributor

The New Citrus Wen and Treatment oil, Wen brushes, blow dryers - need advice

I have thick slightly wavy hair that can get frizzy - is this new WEN a good one for dry, thick hair? I currently use WEN, have to be gluten free - use the the the Bamboo Green Tea, Pomergrante and 613. I used to use the treatment oil, was thinking of incorporating it - its pretty pricey wanted to bump up my hair. I don't think my hair will ever be silky because of the texture, but was surprised when my hairdresser cut and colored my hair and blew it out was so silky and smooth. I can't believe its still looks good.

Now it has me wondering do hair dryers really make that much of a difference? I have a drug store one with ion setting or would it be worth it to get the round brushes that Chaz sells. When you see the gals with curls and waves - do these gals have naturally curly hair or wavy hair to get these looks? I do have some RA in my wrist that flares up now and then - so I wouldn't be doing it all the time - I only wash my hair one or twice a week - to wash it more than that even with Wen would be over kill I think.

Respected Contributor

Re: The New Citrus Wen and Treatment oil, Wen brushes, blow dryers - need advice

I always recommend a Solano Light blow dryer. It is not heavy like some and is the same brand Chaz uses. The blow dryer absolutely makes a difference. I found that out switching from Conair to Solano. I work at blow drying so much less.

The girls have all different textures. Alicia, one of the Black models does not have relaxed hair and her hair looks totally silky. However, that is with a pro doing the blow dry. She doesn't always wear it like that at home, but I believe she does know how to do it. So that is someone with curl and a coarser curly natural texture. I think with practice most girls can get the hair smooth. My stylist told me to do it by sitting under my dryer til it's 75% dry and then using the blow dryer.

Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

Re: The New Citrus Wen and Treatment oil, Wen brushes, blow dryers - need advice

so Kjelle you have the stationary kind of hair dryer along with a blow dryer? Thank you so much for your sage advice. There are so many different kinds of blow dryers out there all so confusing and wondering if it was just hype...However when my hair dress got my hair very silky and shiney got me thinking might be something to this... Smiley Wink

My hairdresser sat me under the hair dryer for about 20 minutes and then blew out my hair..

Super Contributor

Wow amazon has tons of Solano hair dryers - I'm dazed and confused again - so much selection Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/6/2014 SiameezeLover! said:

Wow amazon has tons of Solano hair dryers - I'm dazed and confused again - so much selection Smiley Wink

Many of the ladies purchasec theirs at Folica dot com. I believe they have a program where you get $$ towards a dryer if you send them yours for recycling.
Super Contributor

Super Solano original is what Chaz recommends
#IamTeamWen
Respected Contributor

I have a Solano dryer. I'm quite content with it. I tried a pricey one that was digital and it got REAL hot and it was too much of a pain to use so I sent it back. It was supposed to dry faster but the Solano is fine. I don't like dryers that can get too hot as they can burn your hair or skin.

Super Contributor

I never realized how important a good hair dryer was - I thought a hair dryer is a hair dryer...Perhaps the Solano might be lighter weight which would be good for my wrists.