Esteemed Contributor

I've never used Bobbi Brown -- watched the show Friday night and was a little surprised how quickly everything sold out.  I wonder if they're selling out old stock so that they can re-invent all the products?  Which probably will not be a good thing.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

No, QVC had a very limited selection of BB products until very recently, so I don't believe it was old product.

Antigua bronzer is hg for me; I dont know what I would do if they discontinued. I must have 3-4 backups, and use it daily.

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom  I couldn't get to the phone or IPad to order before items sold out. With 5 e/p, I was going to stock up on a few favorites. I haven't noticed much difference...yet, except the new expensive "Remedies" that don't seem like a Bobbi idea. She was all about simplicity. Also on BB site yesterday, they're pushing 2 cleansers...my oil cleanser should be followed by milky cleaner. Never needed 2 face cleansers before. I assume this is a Lauder attempt to increase sales, but not falling for that.

Honored Contributor

@kjae  My some reason my Sephora (in store or online) does not carry entire line of BB. I still have to shop Nord. or order from BB site.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus  for the double cleanse I've gone back to the European originator, Erno Laszlo.

I used the line many years ago; it's been revamped in regard to the oils and soaps for different concerns.

You can still purchase the original and iconic Pheletyl Cleansing Oil and Black Sea Mud Soap ; the oil is heavier than the new revamped oils. I've used and use both and like both oils, but prefer the heavier (Pheletyl) for makeup removal w/the tan Pheteyl soap since I am very sensitive.

Mornings, I use the white Marble soap for brightening. The soap bars last FOREVER!!-Months and months.

This has been great for my very reactive skin.

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  I used the Eye Brightner & Clear Brow gel (in mascara tube)...both discontinued. Brow gel only avail. now if purchase entire brow "set". Another attempt to increase $ spent by customers, but there are other gels on market w/o purchasing 2 other products I don't use. I am noticing a lot of "bundling" of products...turns me off.

Honored Contributor

@maestra  Knowing BB had a show last nite, I called their consumer affairs in NY re: age of products on QVC. She responded that when unopened, products last for 2-3 yrs. She also said they keep close tabs on age of products on thevQ as well as other retailers. 

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775  See post to @maestra re: age of products.

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 You are right about things being discontinued.

BB and Trish were mainstays for me until 2 things happened:

*colors began being discontinued on a very quick basis

*formulas were changed/not consistent.

I noticed a HUGE difference a few years ago in the BB palettes: the quality of the eyeshadows were NOT THE SAME as the individual pans and were NOT THE SAME as previous palettes that DID offer the same quality as the individual pans. This has been an issue and the company IS aware of it and yet....no change. They also started offering more shimmer/glitter in the palettes which, for those of us who used BB when she first started, KNEW this was NOT what she was all about. I received a gift set for Christmas and there was no pay-off from the eyeshadows. The sad thing is I have the same shades as singles and they're terrific. The change in quality is obvious.

I believe BB fought to keep many of her original products in the line and now that she's gone, they're going to disappear (or products that are similar to them and recently came out). The direction of the line is similar to others already available and are also cheaper than BB. If there is something in her line that you love, buy it now.

I found the show dull and like others have said, there were NO special products/deals. Unless it's due to Easy Pay, why bother?

Super Contributor

That is why I didn't order anything. I don't want old products.