Contributor

I agree with the poster who mentioned "trial and error". It is funny we all seem to want to love Wen. When I first tried it, I found my hair was left much too heavy/greasy. Gave up for a while and tried it again at my sister's urging. Big difference--and what was key? Not using anywhere near the recommended pumps. I have shoulder length hair--lots of hair but it is thin. I use 2 pumps on front and 2 pumps on back/underneath of hair. Add lots of water and let set while I shower, rinse and do NOT repeat. Hair comes out perfect, light, bouncy, clean. I could not have done this when I was younger. Keep in mind I wash my hair every other day. Try using less--maybe it will work for you too.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: The Cost of WEN.

[ Edited ]

My hair is down to my bra strap and from a 32 oz bottle I use 4 pumps for the first and 4 pumps for the second cleanse = 8 pumps total. I'm sure I've heard Chaz say the number is total number of pumps for both washes. If you are using 8 per cleanse, that would use up a bottle quickly.

Respected Contributor

It's all I can do to find my coffee in the morning much less count pumps in the shower. I gave it up LONG ago!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I follow what Chaz says on tv vs what it says on the bottle (mainly because I don't wear my glasses in the shower and, even with my glasses on, I'm not sure I could read that bottle anyway ;P)

Chaz said that JRT should use 4 pumps for each cleanse (from the 32 oz).  My hair was a bit longer than Jane's when he said that, so I was doing 5 pumps for each cleanse.  My hair is a lot longer now, so I'm doing 6 pumps for each cleanse.

.Is there a thread on here with the # of pumps in each bottle size?  That should give you an idea of how long each bottle will last.

I don't wash my hair every day, usually only the days I go to the gym. 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@glmama wrote:

Hi Ladies,

I guess it was basically a rhetorical question. Meant for discussion. And the only personal issue is that I *think* I may be using too much. But he (and all directions) says to use more than you think you would need, not less. I am washing every day. Like I said, I know that this is not a product that I will continue to use on a regular basis. But I was wondering if it was normal to go through it as quickly as I am?

Just a musing, is all. 

I don't go through it that quickly, but I don't wash my hair every day.

And yes, he says that if you don't like the results, try using more. If you DO like the results, try using less and see if you still like the results. If you do, you'll know you can use less.

WEN isn't like baking a cake. If you bake a cake and don't follow the recipe exactly, you can ruin the cake. WEN doesn't have an exact recipe, so play around and decide what works best for you.

And if you don't like the cleansing conditioner, that's ok, but you should probably stop buying it and trying it. It's not for everyone, so if it's not for you, don't get sucked into the hype. QVC makes it really easy to get engaged in the presentation and then buy things you know don't work for you or that you'll never use. We've probably all been there. If you like the cleansing conditioner, great. If you don't, vow to never buy it again and don't. I've had to swear off ALL beauty TSVs with foundations or concealers I've never seen in person because they never match my skintone. Sometimes the crazy value of a kit is so good they almost talk me into it, but even something with a low price is NOT a good value if it doesn't work for you.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for this skinwise!

I was having trouble signing in and I couldn't check back on this thread as quickly as I would have liked. Need to read some more.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, chynna. You are absolutely right about being drawn into a presentation or even the cost of a kit. Every price is too much if you don't like or have success with the product. 

I really love some other WEN products so I think that's why I have tried the CC so often. 

Valued Contributor

Jacie-Do you live in my house? Smiley Wink I didn't want it to be such an experiment, but that's precisely what it's become. 

Valued Contributor

Cookie-Thank you! I am still experimenting and will try using much, much less!

Contributor

I questioned using WEN after finishing one 32 oz bottle and realizing how much it was going to cost to keep using it. Honestly I couldnt justify spending that much for the results I personally got. I am using a product now that is not inexpensive but gives me great results for far less money per use. Everyone is different but I call WEN products "the emperor's new clothes" if you talk about something long enough and hard enough and style the models hair when theyre on air and don't for the before pics........... just sayin'