Trusted Contributor

The Beautiful Lancome Rose Flower Highlighter

Have you seen it, did you buy it?  You know what I would think would be great, if they had made it it a actual baked flower and then it fades away.............$60 it is a silk flower with powder. Really shocking of the asking price even though it is so beautiful.........

Respected Contributor

Re: The Beautiful Lancome Rose Flower Highlighter

It was raved about but the reviews have been less than stellar. I decided to pass. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

It was raved about but the reviews have been less than stellar. I decided to pass. 

ITA, this was hyped but the reviews aren't great so I'll pass, too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It only gets a 2.7  star rating (19 reviews):

Comments said that it is basically a flower formed out of fabric that has a few coatings of highlighter product placed upon the petals.  You need a kabuki brush to pick up the product.  It only has 1.6 g of product, but it is beautiful!

Screen Shot 2017-03-20 at 10.46.35 PM.png

Esteemed Contributor

"it's called marketing, and LANCOME WILL command ridiculous prices...something called the French connect with us, we're from the gurus of beauty".

Ask Robert if he uses this, can always use the Rose Flower in his mouth.

Lancome TESTS on all types of animals; if you have never seen THIS testing, I can guarantee you would never use 1 product.............................

>>>do your research, also France needs the $$s<<<!

Honored Contributor

@DowntonAbbey wrote:

Have you seen it, did you buy it?  You know what I would think would be great, if they had made it it a actual baked flower and then it fades away.............$60 it is a silk flower with powder. Really shocking of the asking price even though it is so beautiful.........

That would be beautiful, it would not be possible for it to look the way it does and be made of powder. That's not structurally sound and it would either break very easily or not work as a powder cosmetic. Instead, it would look like the many pressed designs that have been around for years, like this one from Laura Mercier's 2011 collection:

Image result for laura mercier flower highlighter

Source: http://www.thenonblonde.com/2011/11/laura-mercier-rose-rendezvous-face.html#.WNFPjVXyuCg

That's been done. They have people something completely different.

Respected Contributor

I think it is so beautiful.  I didn't realize there was a flower in there, I thought it was just made from powder.  Wondered how they did that, lol.  However, I wouldn't pay that much for a powder. 

Honored Contributor

highlighers are HUGE this season.  Every line has a number of gorgeous highlighters.  I saw a few Too faced heart ones I want, but I need to stop.  I own a dozen highlighters!

The rose one looks gorgeous, but I won't buy it.  I won't spend $60 on it.  I won't buy most Chanel makeup either as it breaks me out and the prices are absurd.  The mascara is good, but it's hard to get off.  So, if Chanel has a new highligher too, lol, I won't cave 

Lancome isn't as expensive, but it still is pricy.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

The reviews on the Lancôme site for this flower highlighter are mixed. I think it might be better for paler skinned people to use. I also think it's a little gimmicky and pricey. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼