Respected Contributor

Re: That new T3 heated hairbrush looks interesting...

T3 Volumizing Styling Heated BrushIf this is it, mine is ionic, looks very much like this one... and my experience was better results with a dryer and a Sporette brush.

This maybe totally different and only sharing my view. I was totally intrigued with the heat brushes, read many reviews before purchasing only to be disappointed. I can't assume you'll have the same experience I did. The results just weren't so good. Doesn't mean your won't love this tool.

I'm pretty good at taking layers of hair while using a roller brush to blow dry my hair. I thought this would make the job easier, which it really didn't.

It's worth a try. Would love to hear your reviews.

I'm your resident un-enabler...{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

Funloving - is yours a round brush styler or just like a regular hair brush, which the T-3 appears to be? They are different from the round heated brushes.

My one preference is for boar bristles which the T-3 doesn't look like it has. I just don't care for plastic bristles when blow drying or styling my hair as boar bristles seem to do a far better job on smoothing out wavy or curly hair (which mine is - more of an obnoxious bent wavy which doesn't look good when air-dried so I always have to dry and style.)

I do think some are so adept at using round brushes and a separate dryer that these heated brushes almost seem like more work. I am very good with my brush and dryer which is why I haven't sprung for any of them yet. I'm just not convinced that I will obtain better results with these dryer brushes.

Respected Contributor

On 6/6/2014 wackers said:

Funloving - is yours a round brush styler or just like a regular hair brush, which the T-3 appears to be? They are different from the round heated brushes.

My one preference is for boar bristles which the T-3 doesn't look like it has. I just don't care for plastic bristles when blow drying or styling my hair as boar bristles seem to do a far better job on smoothing out wavy or curly hair (which mine is - more of an obnoxious bent wavy which doesn't look good when air-dried so I always have to dry and style.)

I do think some are so adept at using round brushes and a separate dryer that these heated brushes almost seem like more work. I am very good with my brush and dryer which is why I haven't sprung for any of them yet. I'm just not convinced that I will obtain better results with these dryer brushes.

wackers- mine is a regular heated brush - without any spinning feature. I'm with you, preferring boar bristles and also have natural curls/waves. The heated brush seemed to turn my hair flat, and not in a good way. It was shapeless. It also took longer for less reward.

I use my large round brush and dryer to straighten my hair... and of course it adds a lot of body due to the thickness of my hair. If I want to go straighter I'd need to run a flat iron through it. But this method works well if I get close to the root and put enough tension on my hair. It gets pretty straight this way with just enough body and curve.

The spinner brushes may have a greater advantage... better result. I've never used one.

ETA: To clarify, it IS a round brush, and looks much like the T-3 pictured.

Respected Contributor

Ahhh... the photo was slightly deceptive at first glance.

I now see it's not a round brush. It's a heated brush with a curved head which doesn't spin either. So the difference is the head of the brush.

Sorry wackers. I wasn't quite sure what you were asking since I was still under the impression this was a round brush, not a regular brush as you were stating.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/6/2014 Funloving said:
On 6/6/2014 wackers said:

wackers- mine is a regular heated brush - without any spinning feature. I'm with you, preferring boar bristles and also have natural curls/waves. The heated brush seemed to turn my hair flat, and not in a good way. It was shapeless. It also took longer for less reward.

I use my large round brush and dryer to straighten my hair... and of course it adds a lot of body due to the thickness of my hair. If I want to go straighter I'd need to run a flat iron through it. But this method works well if I get close to the root and put enough tension on my hair. It gets pretty straight this way with just enough body and curve.

The spinner brushes may have a greater advantage... better result. I've never used one.

ETA: To clarify, it IS a round brush, and looks much like the T-3 pictured.

It took me a few minutes to realize the T-3 was not the typical round brush too. I'm not sure this T-3 could offer enough variety to warrant the price tag. I can see maybe adding volume but I tend to doubt it will do much more than that. And you really can get the same volume with a plain brush if you get under the hair as they demonstrate.

Do you remember, many moons ago now, that there was a rotating brush that came out (no heat or any other features) Well, I bought it - think I still have it somewhere - and it's a tricky little number to work. You would click it on to rotate the brush while blow drying and although I got the hang of it after awhile, it did also make the process almost harder and more time consuming. And you had to keep switching the way it rotated. It would also occasionally really get tangled in the hair which was not pleasant.

Respected Contributor

I would have to see it in use. I'm not sure if you just brush it through your hair to smooth and slightly shape.

Valued Contributor

I think it looks interesting too but I have long hair. I'm always afraid these kind of things won't work for me and the model they used had short hair.
Honored Contributor

It might even be on my front door steps as I sit here! You know why I ordered it? Because I have a couple of wigs. I thought since I could adjust the heat downward that I could use it on them.

It says I can use low heat on them. We'll see.

Respected Contributor

I just watched the video. I'm not sure how it is different than the Perfector or the Prestige. They have the same ionic technology, but the T3 is just a different shape. I might would on 5 flex pay day just to see how it does with a seriously cheap manner before I commit.

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2014 annabellethecat said:

It might even be on my front door steps as I sit here! You know why I ordered it? Because I have a couple of wigs. I thought since I could adjust the heat downward that I could use it on them.

It says I can use low heat on them. We'll see.

Well go look and use it, then report back! Silly!