Respected Contributor

Texturing shampoo. What does it really do?

I been seeing this crop up here and there. There is one made by Redken, Matrix total results and I think tresseme.  Id it like a clarifying shampoo?

Respected Contributor

Re: Texturing shampoo. What does it really do?

Its not necessarily like a clarifying shampoo. I find texturizing shampoo to be very drying.
Honored Contributor

Texturizing shampoos are made to make your hair appear fuller. They have ingredients in them to make the hair less slippery so it doesn't lay flat. Hair might have a rough or dirty feel to it when using these type poos.

Volumizing shampoos are different from texturizing poos in that they contain ingredients to increase the density or hair-shaft thickness so hair appears fuller and thicker. Proteins are often added to volumizing poos. 

Clarifying poos simply remove build up on hair and scalp. Build up weighs hair down and makes it flat. Clarifying poos can restore fullness by stripping away products left behind by less harsh poos.

HTHWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Texturizing shampoos are made to make your hair appear fuller. They have ingredients in them to make the hair less slippery so it doesn't lay flat. Hair might have a rough or dirty feel to it when using these type poos.

Volumizing shampoos are different from texturizing poos in that they contain ingredients to increase the density or hair-shaft thickness so hair appears fuller and thicker. Proteins are often added to volumizing poos. 

Clarifying poos simply remove build up on hair and scalp. Build up weighs hair down and makes it flat. Clarifying poos can restore fullness by stripping away products left behind by less harsh poos.

HTHWoman Happy

Thank you. I may try one of these shampoos since beautybrands/Ulta are still having their sale