Respected Contributor

@just bee I'll join you in the "Broken Record Club"! But my many years long favorite is CoverGirl LashBlast in the orange tube...I use Very Black. It's inexpensive and works as well as, or better, than many of the more expensive brands I've tried.

I will admit, though, to really liking Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes...got a mini as a sample in a Sephora order and then bought a full-size on sale. It's not too terribly pricey. I'll use up what I have, but it's not "better enough" than my CoverGirl to make me buy it again.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@just bee I'll join you in the "Broken Record Club"! But my many years long favorite is CoverGirl LashBlast in the orange tube...I use Very Black. It's inexpensive and works as well as, or better, than many of the more expensive brands I've tried.

I will admit, though, to really liking Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes...got a mini as a sample in a Sephora order and then bought a full-size on sale. It's not too terribly pricey. I'll use up what I have, but it's not "better enough" than my CoverGirl to make me buy it again.

@vermint 

My mother used the Maybelline cake mascara in the little red box.  It must have made an impression because I've used Maybelline mascara most of my life.

Of course there was that period when I was devoted to Aziza, but they stopped making it.

The Maybelline product is inexpensive and it does was it claims to do.  Leaves my lashes full and soft, and I don't find them on my cheeks anymore.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

@just bee I remember those little red boxes of mascara! I don't think my mom used it, maybe it was one of my aunts.

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

@just bee I remember those little red boxes of mascara! I don't think my mom used it, maybe it was one of my aunts.

@vermint 

» Mascara History, Tips, Vegan Recipes, And Tutorials Beauty Blog | Makeup | Esthetics | Beauty ...

Blast from the past. Heart

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

i used Voluminous for years and decided to branch out. I've been using Lancome Big lash. I get it on hsn when they give me coupons or they are having a special deal. I'm retired so i don't use it up very fast.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Testing New Mascaras!

[ Edited ]

I like Tarte maneater in brown and big ego in black. . I like the loreal voluminous in the colored ones they have. Once I need a new brown one I am going to try the prime prometics. I like the lash paradise primer in the pink tube too.

Super Contributor

@just bee wrote:

I know, I know.  I sound like a broken record, but this is the one I've stuck with year after year.

There's also a waterproof version, but I still prefer the washable formula.

Save on Maybelline Full 'n Soft Thick & Healthy Mascara Very Black 301 Order Online Delivery | GIANT

@just bee thats what I use from you recommending it. I'll usually buy two or three at a time in fear it will be discontinued.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Testing New Mascaras!

[ Edited ]

The best mascara that I stand by is L'Oreal, Voluminous. Gold tube. Regular or Waterproof.

10.00. I use the regular and it's easy on my lashes, makes them naturally fuller not flaky or cakey, and easy to remove.

Respected Contributor

Try tubing mascara! Either Blinc or L'Oréal Double Extend. 
Tubing mascara never flakes or smudges and comes off easily with warm water. People often think they are pulling out their lashes, but it only the tube coating! 

Honored Contributor

@2sisters wrote:

@just bee wrote:

I know, I know.  I sound like a broken record, but this is the one I've stuck with year after year.

There's also a waterproof version, but I still prefer the washable formula.

Save on Maybelline Full 'n Soft Thick & Healthy Mascara Very Black 301 Order Online Delivery | GIANT

@just bee thats what I use from you recommending it. I'll usually buy two or three at a time in fear it will be discontinued.  

@2sisters 

Funny -- I lived in fear of this myself for years! Woman LOL