Respected Contributor

Terrible MASKING Mental Block!

After I mask at nite, I don't want to put anything on my face.  I feel like I'd be contaminating my skin wth "product" after I've gotten it so clean.

Does anyone else have this problem?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

Re: Terrible MASKING Mental Block!

@RinaRina wrote:

After I mask at nite, I don't want to put anything on my face.  I feel like I'd be contaminating my skin wth "product" after I've gotten it so clean.

Nope

Honored Contributor

I rarely mask, but once I cleanse using my Clarisonic, I'm happy to use my treatments and serums, and I think I'd feel the same way after a mask.

Trusted Contributor

I've started masking every morning after I get up while I empty the dishwasher, get the coffee pot ready, and do things in the kitchen.  Then I put my makeup on which always looks better going on after a mask.  My skin has really been looking nice lately so I think the daily masks are helping with that.  I call it "feeding my face!"  Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

@RinaRina

Sorry to have to ask, but where does a "mental block problem" come in?  

If you don't want to put anything on your face afterwards ... don't.

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I've started masking every morning after I get up while I empty the dishwasher, get the coffee pot ready, and do things in the kitchen.  Then I put my makeup on which always looks better going on after a mask.  My skin has really been looking nice lately so I think the daily masks are helping with that.  I call it "feeding my face!"  Woman LOL 

I love masking too.  The two I'm in love with right now are Philosophy and Algenist.  They've made major difference in the appearance of my skin.

Which one are you using?

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I decided to do this daily I've been experimenting with many different ones to come up with a few I really like.  I got a 5 pack kit of Peter Thomas Roth from Sephora after trying his pumpkin one which I really like.  I once used a pumpkin mask from Suzanne Somer's line (which she doesn't make anymore) and really liked it so there must be something about pumpkin that works for me.  I don't really care for the other PTR masks and then found out his line is not animal friendly so will search for another pumpkin type from someone else.

I'm also using Alba Botanica Hawaiian Facial Mask, Nuance by Selma Hayek Wild Lime Exfoliating Facial Gel, and 4 by Farm House Fresh (bought these from Dermstore and really like them!)

I've recently bought these which I haven't tried yet as I'm waiting to finish the PTR ones first.  They are:  Andalou Naturals Avo Cocoa Skin Food Mask, Andalou Naturals Honey Glycolic Mask, Sephora Mud Mask Purifying and Mattifying, and Shea Moisture Clarifying Mud Mask.

Guess you tell by my list I'm really getting into using masks.  I did them a lot as a teenager and had kind of gotten lazy about using them until recently so think they are a great addition to my daily skin care. 

I also like the DIY kinds and have used all combinations of things such as honey, oatmeal, cocoa powder, cream, and sugar for them.

Honored Contributor

I love to mask too, my skin is combination with large pores, especially in the warmer months, and I have been using and loving Tula..I like a lot of Algenist products os will have to take a look at this one once I use up Tula.....

Honored Contributor

@RinaRina wrote:

No. The best time to apply your serums is when your skin is clean and ready for them. If you feel like you're contaminating your skin with your skincare, you need better skincare.

Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@RinaRina wrote:

No. The best time to apply your serums is when your skin is clean and ready for them. If you feel like you're contaminating your skin with your skincare, you need better skincare.

@ChynnaBlue

Agree .... and why would anyone need to do a mask every single day?   What results could they possibly expect?   You're right about needing better skin care.