Occasional Contributor

Hi. QVC offers so many great makeup kits to try new products and colors.  It would be nice if a few of your makeup vendors would assemble some nice makeup kits for young girls.  I know I've learned the value of quality products and would like to save my daughter the dimestore mistakes.  Great Xmas idea for the QVC holiday shoppers. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Teen/Young girl makeup kit

I think that is a nice idea.  However, "young" girls are not QVC's targeted audiance if by "young" you mean "teenagers."

Teenagers go to YouTube for their makeup tutorials & for "recommended" make up products.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

You might take your idea to the Suggestion Box forum where your idea could be directed to someone who can bring it to the decision makers.

To tell you the truth, though, I don't think the majority of young girls are interested in the same things makeup wise as adult women. 

Contributor

Maybe we need to be telling young girls that they don't need to be putting make up on their faces....that they are fine just the way they are. 

Respected Contributor

You might find something during Christmastime.  I got the nicest gift for a niece at QVC years ago.  It was a lip gloss collection designed like a box of chocolates.  I think it had a dozen of them.  Each was a small, round "bon-bon" with lip gloss in it. 

Honored Contributor

@annie315 wrote:

Maybe we need to be telling young girls that they don't need to be putting make up on their faces....that they are fine just the way they are. 

Well, I remember being of those creatures. If someone had told me that (and I'm sure they did), I would have wanted to experiment with makeup even more.

Besides, not all young girls are just fine as the way there are, any more than we are. Most tend to go through some degree of acne, and that can be extremely disturbing to already sensitive psyches.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

I agree completely.  While I believe there are very few teens who watch QVC as a source for makeup or makeup tips,  you can be certain there are thousands of Moms and Grandmas watching with teenagers who want to wear makeup, or who would like to buy their teenager some good, not ridiculous looking makeup as a way to get them started or as a gift for birthday or Christmas or other special occasion.

I think a line dedicated to makeup for teenagers or for the woman at any age who is just looking for a nice, light, fresh look would become very popular.  Had I known when my daughter wanted to start wearing makeup that QVC had a makeup line dedicated to her, I would have been waiting, watching and purchasing something I could "see" being used and applied to a girl my daughter's age.

When my daughter started to wear makeup, I was horrified to see some of the girls at her school wearing black eyeliner used as eyeshadow, dark blue, purple, black and blood red glittery lipstick that looked like a 5 year old applied it. Many sported bright circles of BOLD color blush (I guess it was blush) on their cheeks and their faces were loaded with foundation to cover up any pimples or acne they had!

I asked Lauren what she had in mind as makeup she wanted to wear, fearing she would want a similar look.  I was a lucky Mom.  She wanted to wear mascara, a little colored lip gloss, some cheek color and an eye shadow for special occasions.  She added that she didn't think she would have time in her morning routine for more than that or she would miss the bus!  I sent up a silent prayer.

Because I was in the dark about good choices for young skin, we first established an easy skin care routine with Almay we purchased at Walgreens and I ended up taking her to a Clinique counter.  She told the SA what she was looking for and we got a nice fresh face for her.  I choked a little at spending that kind of $$ for teenager makeup, but she used so little of it, it lasted forever.

I say GO FOR IT, QVC!  YOU'VE GOT NOTHING TO LOSE AND MAY FIND AN ENTIRELY NEW CUSTOMER BASE! 

Honored Contributor

@Quinny

For some reason your comments reminded me of this funny "cat eye" commercial....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u925pnqlFsc

Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Contributor

Do we do this to young boys?

Surely they have similar issues. Or have we females succumbed to what the media and society have defined as beauty/self acceptance? 

Respected Contributor

Go to aClinique counter around the holidays. They offer basics, adorable makeup kits, etc, which is geared to younger girls/women. Clinique is in most department stores.