Respected Contributor

Re: Teen/Young girl makeup kit

@annie315 wrote:

Do we do this to young boys?

Surely they have similar issues. Or have we females succumbed to what the media and society have defined as beauty/self acceptance? 

Teach a class of middle school boys,(i have). The Axe fumes could knock you over.

It's called pheramones and hormones.

And yes, I have succumbed to societal beauty and fully accept myself, warts and all.

Trusted Contributor

I like this idea.  I am older and retired so my daily makeup needs are minimal.  I usually do not use all products in a kit such as red lipstick.  I pass it on to family.   I would definitely be interested in a simpler kit.   I think the basic Philosophy kits are great for young girls and boys.  Even a Clarisonic.  Proper cleansing and care of their skin at an early age might save them from the usual teen skin problems or reduce it so it is easier to treat.  Starting as a preteen is a great time to start.  I hope they read these forums and give the ideas consideration.

Contributor

Valued Contributor

@Quinny  I agee with your input regarding Moms, Grandmas, Aunts watching the Q and searching for holiday presents for young girls.  Yes, some good basic makeup sets would be a well received gift, I'd like to see good basic set for skin care for the young girls.  Wish someone would have steered me toward taking good care of my skin at a younger age....like using sunscreen, not picking at skin issues, etc etc.  Good skin....light makeup.  Good idea

Respected Contributor

Check-out the Colourpop website.  

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@annie315 wrote:

Maybe we need to be telling young girls that they don't need to be putting make up on their faces....that they are fine just the way they are. 

Well, I remember being of those creatures. If someone had told me that (and I'm sure they did), I would have wanted to experiment with makeup even more.

Besides, not all young girls are just fine as the way there are, any more than we are. Most tend to go through some degree of acne, and that can be extremely disturbing to already sensitive psyches.

I remember my grandmother telling me to never wear lipstick because my natural lip color was so pretty Smiley Frustrated  

Of course she wore lipstick herself. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@annie315 wrote:

Maybe we need to be telling young girls that they don't need to be putting make up on their faces....that they are fine just the way they are. 

There's nothing wrong with makeup!!  Subscribing to that way of thinking is like saying, we should be telling them not to fix their hair nicely or wear clothes as they are fine the way they were born!!!   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@annie315 Yes, society does do the same to boys.

@loveQVCNC  There are so many kits at Ulta and Sephora that QVC would have to offer a great deal in order to pull me in. Teens are into Tarte, Too Faced, MAC, Urban Decay, Kat Von D... cute or edgy and they love it. I purchase mine there because of points, free shipping and discounts..... why would I buy the same thing at QVC that offers NONE of that?

Regular Contributor

I think Bare Minerals would be a great line for young girls. The products are made with natural ingredients so they wouldn't aggravate teenage skin issues. They have a wide array of products and some come with makeup bags and brushes. I know I would have loved to have that when I was a teen-- a hundred years ago!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

I would start her off with taking her to the department store for a makeover, try Sephora or Ulta too....more importantly I would also agree early on the importance of cleanse, tone, moisturize and protect (SPF) and start off with light makeup...she probably doesn't need to have foundation if she is young. Light blush, some glosses, maybe some mascara...mainly she needs to learn the right way to apply, remove and treatment of her skin.