Respected Contributor

Re: Tarte Confidence Creamy Powder Foundation

Dry skinned ladies.. try using an oil base primer before applying powder foundation.  It works out reeeally well.

I combine Monistat (same as Smashbox) with Paula's Choice Oil Booster right before I buff in powder.  Beautiful finish.  I don't always use the Monistat.  I did this morning and my face still looks fresh after running errands in 90 degree weather.

Super Contributor

Funloving, thanks for the tip.  I need primer and may try Monistat this time.  I also have  Dr. D's Hydroshield. 

Super Contributor

I'm intrigued by the monistat suggestion. Who figured out that it's the same as Smashbox?
Super Contributor

I will for sure, RachB. 

Super Contributor

image.jpegThis came today, and my first impression is favorable. The brush is no It brush, but the head is a convenient size for applying the powder.  I had on a little bronzer and buffed this over it and it looked nice. I may use as a finishing powder. 

Frequent Contributor

I received this this week and have been trying it and I like the look of the this powder alot.  I don't find it particulary long wearing though.  But so far, I would put it up there with my fav powder foundations. 

Honored Contributor

I tried it and it turned orange after  a few minutes. Being pale, this was NOT good. I prefer the Too Faced powder foundation FAR FAR more. It's creamy and the finish is that velvety texture of a rose petal but it's NOT drying in any way.