Occasional Contributor

Tamanu oil ROCKS!!!! Love Argan too!

Hi Ladies, as many of you know, I don't post very often, but wanted to share.

With all of the STO discussions, and reading about the different oils and peoples' experiences with them, I remembered that I had a bottle of Tamanu oil that I got a while ago from Mountain Rose Herbs. I started doing more reseach on the web about different oils, and more about Tamanu, since I had some. I decided to try Tamanu oil on this rash that I had under my armpits, that came from who knows what, since the cortisone cream wasn't really clearing it. I was a bit skeptical, but thought I'd give it a shot. It took about 1 week of twice daily, AM and PM, applications to start clearing and about 10 days to clear, but it is GONE! The two small blemishes that I had from that time of the month also healed and cleared very quickly. *

I love this stuff and will always keep it and Argan in my arsenal of skin care products. Like many of you, I'm trying to get away from chemicals and synthetics. I know I will never be completely free of them, but I like the idea of using more natural products from Mother Nature.

I have used Argan oil for about two years now, started with Josies, but got a bottle from Camden Grey, and cannot tell any difference between the two. I like the way it hydrates my skin and use it after Retin A. With both oils, Argan and Tamanu, my skin has been looking and feeling great. I sometimes use the two together, either layered or mixed and sometimes separately.

There are alot of different companies that sell oils, not just STO, (Shea Terra Organics) Besides Camden Grey and Mountain Rose Herbs, there is also, From Nature with Love, Garden of Wisdom, Zamouri Spices, Posh Peddler, etc..... I did my research for price, quantity, quality, extraction method, processing, etc., besides reading other reviews not just from this board.

This is not, in any way, a slam against STO. I have some of their products that I am trying thanks to many on this board who raved about them. I appreciate all of the information and reviews of STO, both the positive and the negative, from the STO ladies that had experienced STO.

I'm just letting it be known that there are other options out there to get good oils. Nor, am I in any way, affiliated with any of the above mentioned companies, nor am I in any way affiliated with NR.

HTH and have a beautiful and wonderful day.

* Of course, individual results may vary.