Trusted Contributor

Re: Taking the plunge eye and neck to be done

That is why God made plastic surgeons.  You go girl. Heart

Trusted Contributor

I'm so excited for you! I wish I could afford to have work done too. maybe one day! I truly hope all goes well. do tell us how everything turned out ok? good luck!

Trusted Contributor

@granny me----Good for you! That is proactive..

1. I have just a small suggestion..........make sure the upper eye is the. Lid and not the brow.  My Mom thought she was having the hoods fixed.  She ended up with a second set of eyebrows.. The surgeon pulled up the a bit,but not the hoods on her eyes as she thought.  This was about 8 years ago, You can still see her second set of brows, but she still has the hoods. Two different surgeries,. Make sure you are getting the right one,   Enjoy even the aftermath of your work......the black and blue, then the sickly yellow/green and finally Beautiful,renewed. YOU!!!!!🎤😁tedEbear

Valued Contributor

Good for you! Best wishes, I'll bet you'll be thrilled with the results! It's a personal decision for sure. I'm right behind you for a consult in November. Please do check back to report results.

Respected Contributor

Here's another person cheering you on!  If the finances are there and the surgeon is reputable, why not?  Keep us posted.  Smiley Happy

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Respected Contributor

Please, check back in & let us know how it is. I hope it is quick & easy healing. 

Respected Contributor

best wishes!    i would do it in a heartbeat but i am too afraid to go under. make sure you have a surgeon who is board-certified in facial plastic surgery.  i  have researched upper blepharoplasty for my hooded eyelids and  $1600 would barely cover just the anesthesiologist and facility fees.

Honored Contributor

Congrats!!! I've thinking a hood-lift is in my future; PLEASE report back as to how it goes and what you think of the "after".

Contributor

I had my hooded eyelids done this year.  There was absolutely no pain involved.  Had them done on a Thursday, back to work on Monday, but no eye makeup for 2 weeks.  I bought 2 eye masks with gel in them and put them in the freezer.  One on for 20 minutes and then off for 20.  I did this for 4 days.  No bruising at all, a little swelling, but not much, but they did turn a little pink.  I wear glasses, so no one really noticed.  Do the ice  packs and you will have no trouble at all.  Wish I could do the neck.  By the way, I'm on medicare with a blue cross blue shield suppliment and didn't have to pay a dime.    Good luck. 

Contributor

I had huge thighs. A plastic surgen talked me into not only fixing them but doing my whole lower body. That was 12 years ago. My legs are sliding down and the scars look awful. My stomach must have inside scar tissue because it pulls in places in my abdomen and since I got older any weight that is new, pushes inside of me instead of the outside causing pressure on my stomach and intestnes. I also had follow up surgery to fix the lower abd scar that HE messed up and it is still ugly and messed up. I did not have the money for any more corrections. I am now 69 and wish I had only done my legs like I wanted.

Just remember if you gain weight it may not go where it seems normal. If you don't have the money to keep the surgery fresh (every few years) don't do it.