Valued Contributor

UPDATE eye and neck to be done

[ Edited ]

I had both procedures yesterday. It was done with local in the eyes and neck. I was scared, but I can tell you the injections did not hurt andI felt no pain whatsoever. Today my eyelids are so swollen and bloodly I am looking through slits. My neck doesn't hurt what bothers me the most is having to wear the neck strap. It is going to be days before I will be able to leave the house.

I would say if you are considering do this don't be afraid to do with locals. It diffeently wouldn't have been worth the extra 2,000.00 for anthesthia. My sight isn't very good so forgive my typing.

September 12th I am having my upper eyes done and neck liposuction. I have bought all the creams, lotions, serums, you name the brand I have probably bought it and none of it works. When I scheduled and was given the cost I was sick because I have spent so much more than the cost of these two procedures which will be 1600.00.

I have been doing botox and juvederm for years and I finally decided to talk to the plastic surgeon about having this done. I wanted a lower face lift and I am not a candiate as I have cancer and radiation on my neck and she wouldn't do it.

So I would love to hear your sucess stories.

Valued Contributor

Re: Taking the plunge eye and neck to be done

Congratulations and best of luck with your procedures!! I am sure you will be very happy with your results and, after healing, will love looking in the mirror and seeing your younger self all back and energetic!

Trusted Contributor

@granny me I hope to hear a success story from YOU!   Good luck!

Valued Contributor

Good for you! I have had Juvederm and some botox, with very happy results. Will see what else may be in my future one day. You are right about all creams, serums, etc. They help with skin texture and general appearance, but at some point, topical just doesn't work like you want it to. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, For being honest with your experience with fancy lotions and creams. Stopped investing money latest greatest $$$ products. Firm believer lifestyle most important to feeling ones best. Real food exercise and keeping stress at a minimum. Do use suncreen and hydration with moisturizer. I'am not saying anyone stop investing money in skin care. Merely sharing my experience and thanking the Op for her honesty. Best wishes to everyone. 💞

Honored Contributor

I always find it very sad that the women of today won't age gracefully. Woman Sad Its a shame that one needs to keep looking "young" and not accept the gradual aging process. 

"Pure Michigan"
Valued Contributor

I have a few questions.  You said you were having her eyelids done and neck lipsuction.

Are you having surgery on your eyelids because of drooping skin?  If so you said the price was only 1600.  I find that very low. will you have to go under general anesthesia, and is it being done by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon?

Esteemed Contributor

I had multiple plastic surgeries after a large weight loss....I never regretted it nor was I bothered by silly comments like I was "addicted" to plastic surgery.  I had a wonderful plastic surgeon who did body sculpting in stages.  My only advice is to be sure you research your surgeon, that you see pictures of his/her results and mine allowed me to speak with his patients; that is what helped me most.  I later spoke to many of his patients who elected to have plastic surgery after weight loss.  And, don't listen to naysayers.  It is a private decision but be sure to make an informed one. 

Respected Contributor

Good for you and much success!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations!

I want my neck done at some point.   

My face is OK, appropriate for a 60-ish grandmother but the turkey has to go!