Honored Contributor

Re: TSV for April 25th...Dr Denese..What are your thoughts on this?

[ Edited ]

@Fressa wrote:

I swear by Dr. Denese skincare products. It works for my super sensitive skin that is 50++ and holding.. It took me years to find a skincare line that was effective, didn't aggrivate my skin and was simple and quick to use. I was done with having a dozen bottles/jars of lotions and potions for every section of my face. I can see a difference in my skin that I thought would never happen.

I use the hyrdroshield serum, the wrinkle defense duo for night. I use the day cream or dream cream for the day. My eye area has always been a challenge. I always have puffiness, dark circles, etc. I really like the eye fixerupper duo and it is so soothing on the entire eye area. I just started usuing the MD 33 for the eye and am already seeing even more results. I am going to order the MD 33 for the face and neck once my wrinkle defense runs out. 

I also have a problem with my lips drying. I really like the lip therapy in place of gloss or balm. It looks like a nude lip but it matches "your" nude. I have very fair skin and most nude shades do not work on me. This does.

The only thing that did not work for me were the pads. That's because my skin is super sensitive. I can and do use the Vitamin C pads and they work. My skin looks brighter and more even tone.

Fressa, in regard to the pads, I had the same reaction after using them daily. I gave myself a week and then started using them 2 or 3 times per week and the redness is gone and with no irritation. I do run a little cold water afterwards on my face when I use them, otherwise they feel a bit sticky to me.

Thanks for the tip about the lip therapy. I am planning on ordering it.

edited to add....I couldn't find the lip therapy at QVC but Amazon had it and I ordered. Thanks again..

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Fur Dude wrote:

I have bought hydroshield from Amazon, and it was just fine.  I love her Hydroshield, but it is pricey and I wish she along with Vickie from Tatcha would cut back on the heavy packaging and increase the content.  The creams and serums are expensive enough, and most of it is all bottle. Therefore, I have to limit how much I use and purchase.  I would love to purchase more...but, not at those prices!!!!

You might be pleased with the simpler packaging and more affordable prices of the combination kits! Hydroshield in the original dropper bottle or small pump is very well priced in these sets. Be careful of buying from Amazon.  They are not always legitimate!

Respected Contributor

@lyn61 wrote:

To: iwantcoffee...WHY do you not like the serum? thanks

The first ingredient is dimethicone and I do not like how it feels. I also do not primers with simethicone.

HydroShield Face Serum: Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Ceramide II, Retinol,
Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Lecithin, Glycolipids, Phenoxyethanol.

Considering the ingredients, I do not know why it is so expensive. Dimethicone is the main ingredient and it not expensive.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't use her products so I have no relevant information. I use Philosophy Purity and Exfoliating Wash. I use L'oreal eye cream and day cream.  I use neutrogena night cream. I have no wrinkles and I am always 70 years old. The other day a friend of mine thought I was 58. I think it is your genetics not the products. My mom lived until she was 95 and had very little wrinkles. The products may diminsh fine lines and wrinkles but they will never erase them. As you can see by looking at the doctor, her products apparently are not enough to change your skin.

Trusted Contributor

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@lyn61 wrote:

To: iwantcoffee...WHY do you not like the serum? thanks

The first ingredient is dimethicone and I do not like how it feels. I also do not primers with simethicone.

HydroShield Face Serum: Dimethicone, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract, Ceramide II, Retinol,
Tocopherol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Lecithin, Glycolipids, Phenoxyethanol.

Considering the ingredients, I do not know why it is so expensive. Dimethicone is the main ingredient and it not expensive.

I actually don't mind a bit of dimethicone in beauty products.  Dimethicone is a silicone oil and derived from silica (sand is a silica).  Silicones have large molecules with wide spaces between each molecule and allow other actives mixed with it to seep through those open spaces.  Silicones are at the same time porous and resistant to air and offer protection against moisture loss.

What I do object to in the Hydroshield serum is the Glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, as near as I can tell, this is soybean oil.  I have oily skin and live in a hot, humid climate and tried Hydroshield when it first came out.  It was fine for the first couple of hours until my skin got oily and slick feeling.  Same with her Advanced Firming Facial glycolic acid pads, they were too sticky from the Zea mays (corn oil) in them.  I always wanted to rinse the stuff off after a few minutes which defeats the purpose of putting Matrixyl 3000 in them, lol.

If I had dry skin and lived in an cool, arid climate, I'd probably really love these two products.  Although expensive, they are an easy, no-brainer way to incorporate ceramides and retinol (in the serum) and a glycolic acid exfoliant and Matrixyl 3000 (in the facial pads) into a skin care routine.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beautypedia, Paula's Choice, gives Dr. Denese very good ratings mostly 3 & 4s.  Tempted to try it but really don't how I would incorporate it into my Vit & Retin A routine.

Respected Contributor

I can't use either of these products, they both break me out.

Respected Contributor

Love both these products, they are HG's for me. Not ordering the TSV because I have old grandfathered AD's that are cheaper and have no end date.

Respected Contributor

Have been using the Hydroshield for years and won't be without. Not ordering because the pads don't work on my sensitive skin. For those who can use both products, this appears to be an excellent deal. I'm already on auto delivery for The Hydroshield large size.
Super Contributor

segrl21,

It would depend on your skin type, but you're already getting good exfoliation from Retin A so the pads may be too much.  If you wanted to add more exfoliation, you could try the pads a couple times a week when you aren't applying Retin A (such as using the pads in the morning, then Retin A at night).  As far as Hydroshield, that would go over any other serums, then moisturizer/SPF goes next if you use one.  I use Dr. Gross's retinol and ferrulic acid serum so that's first after the pads as it's very thin, then Hydroshield followed by Gross's ferrulic and retinol cream, plus my SPF in morning.  As far as RetinA and Hydroshield, when I used RetinA (need to get back on it!) I used Retin A first then Hydroshield. 

HTH!

Spoiler

oops! The yellow icon should not be yellow or not round as it looks like the emoji icon!