Valued Contributor

TSV - Perfector/Styling Iron

[ Edited ]

I read the reviews of the Perfector and, overall, they were not positive.    What have been some of your experiences?     FYI, Nick Chavez has a similar styling tool, not sold on the Q in the U.S.

Respected Contributor

Re: TSV - Perfector/Styling Iron

@QVCPhobe wrote:

I read the reviews of the Perfector and, overall, they were not positive.    What have been some of your experiences?     FYI, Nick Chavez has a similar styling tool, not sold on the Q in the U.S.

It didn't work for me. It got tangled in my hair too easily! I promptly returned it.Woman Sad

Respected Contributor

So-So.  Mostly it can smooth out bed-head kinks & that's about it.  I have short hair so don't struggle with tangling.  I certainly do not get results like they get in the on-air demos, & that business about it putting volume into your hair is a real crock.  They always use the same hair models who have good hair to begin with.  I also think they put styling products into their hair ahead of time, then flatten it all out for the "before" photos, then of course as they fuss with it, it comes back to life. 

Valued Contributor

I have the original and love it. I have long hair. I start at the root and twist my Perfector as I move down to the ends. I really do get big curls and volume. I also love the shine it gives my hair. Also, I think the secret is in the twist. If you don't twist the tool, your hair will look flat. You have to twist the tool to get curls and volume. I am not sure how it works on short hair because it would be hard to twist the tool. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it and use it every day. I use it to smooth out my hair and then use a curl iron.

My hair is fine and I'm losing it :/ with age but it gives my sad hair a little help not a whole lot but enough so I like it if it does anything for me haha.

I think it's a nice smoother..it gives some volume too for me. I feel much depends on how much or little hair one has one their head!

I think there are now many dupes out there now...a SLEW on eBay..hoping Maria comes up with something new and specatular she's a doll, I love her...met her and sort of know her ...wish her the best.

Edit to add: came home late and just NOW see online the new TSV!!!! oh noo I have to get it! I hope it's good.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

I bought the volumizing iron HSN had as a TS some months ago. Wow, that thing really works. I have a lot of hair but it's very fine in texture. In a few minutes, I can get quite a smooth but volumized hair style. It's a bit harder to use than this brush, as you have to pin back the top layers and crinkle the hair at the root area underneath, but boy does it work. I got rid of my other hair stylers except for hot rollers. 

Valued Contributor

I just got the FHI Stylus from jcpenney and it wa $57 with the 20% they were offering.  I am very happy with it so far.  I have short thick and curly hair.

Honored Contributor

I have the original.  I don't use it everyday, but appreciate having it in my arsenal of styling tools.  IMO, the most important thing to remember is to NOT allow yourself to be distracted when using it.  If you move your hand or head while the Perfecter is in your hair, you risk tangling.  Once you commit to that rule, it is a very useful tool.  The one that's on the TTV today doesn't interest me at all.

Super Contributor

I love it. I have the original and also bought the smaller barrel set from the last TSV. My hair is thick, coarse and heavy...and in spots curly, wavy or straight. Seriously. The Perfecter tames and styles my hair easily. 👍🏼

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Respected Contributor

@Campion  can you give me the item # of the item you are talking about? Sounds like something I need!! Thank you