Valued Contributor

TSV 12-18-15 Emjoi use o Face

Any suggestions for using Emjoi on the face?    I followed the directions, but it hurt.  When I used the protector,  nothing was removed.   know the QVC ladies always have the answers.

Happy New Year to all..........................................

Honored Contributor

Re: TSV 12-18-15 Emjoi use o Face

Yeah, it's going to be uncomfortable.  After all, it's yanking the hairs out of your face.  The only thing I can say is that with consistent use you'll get used to it and it won't be so bothersome after awhile.  Try holding your skin a little taught, too, might help.  IMO, that protector guard is worthless.

Respected Contributor

I have it. Hurts less than the larger model I also have. Warm compresses beforehand help to soften the skin and hairs.
Honored Contributor

I always assumed it would hurt, but out of curiosity - does it hurt more than waxing on the face? 

I'd love to find an alternative to waxing because I've had burn-like reactions, probably because of retinol in my skincare, but I hate giving that up.  A little pain would be better!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I didn't even open my emjoi box for over a week. It sat on my desk as I pondered it and read endless reviews. Well, today was the day I will always remember for revolutionizing my hair removing process, something I had always scorned and begrudgingly tackled.

I braced myself for the sting. As the hairs are removed, the sting quickly diminishes. I did upper lip, chin, forearms and legs. I am now smooth, with no redness or irritation anywhere.

I read the instructions after I used it (that sounds like somehing a man would do!), and still had no issues. Now that I have read the instructions, I will revise my technique.

I will only use one row of tweezers on the face as advised.

Respected Contributor

In my opinion it hurts less than waxing but takes longer. I go over most of my face for several passes. Probably takes me about 10 minutes to get everything off my face from just below my lower lash line to right above my neck.
Honored Contributor

@RachbIf you can do your whole face in 10 minutes, I think that's great. 

I've just never had my entire face waxed although I think I'd like the result if I didn't have my burn issue.  Maybe Enjoi in my future.

Thanks for the info.

Respected Contributor

I've had my whole face waxed and it was positively awful.
Honored Contributor

My suggestion would be to send it back.   I tossed a small facial Emjoi because it hurt so much even after 2 years of use.   I got a rechargeable from Evine called Yes! that does a wonderful job with no pain.   I've also seen it on an infomercial. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Has anyone tried Laser Hair Removal for the Face?