Trusted Contributor

TRY THE BEEKMAN SHAMPOO BAR ON YOUR BODY IF YOUR HAIR DOESN'T LIKE IT

My hair didn't like the shampoo bar (left my hair too soft & limp) but my body absolutely loved it so I'll be using it as a body bar. I didn't need to use a separate body lotion after my shower, it left my skin so soft.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: TRY THE BEEKMAN SHAMPOO BAR ON YOUR BODY IF YOUR HAIR DOESN'T LIKE IT

@sgraham30 wrote:

My hair didn't like the shampoo bar (left my hair too soft & limp) but my body absolutely loved it so I'll be using it as a body bar. I didn't need to use a separate body lotion after my shower, it left my skin so soft.

my hair didn't like it either but for a different reason. it made my hair feel like it was coated with something heavy, like oil. I have a lot of thick hair and it just didn't work for me. however, I loved the creaminess of the lather and I agree that it will make a very nice body soap.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Trusted Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@sgraham30 wrote:

my hair didn't like it either but for a different reason. it made my hair feel like it was coated with something heavy, like oil. I have a lot of thick hair and it just didn't work for me. however, I loved the creaminess of the lather and I agree that it will make a very nice body soap.

I think that's why my hair was left too soft, something in the shampoo bar overconditioned it. My hair didn't feel coated or dirty but it definitely didn't look like it usually does after I shampoo it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It also left buildup on my hair. Felt like a thick waxy residue. Maybe from the shea butter. I'm going to try it again using less. I was going to use it last night & I forgot. It did leave my hair conditioned really good. My hair needed it. My hair has looked really nice with my regular shampoo & conditioner after using the shampoo bar. I imagine it does make a nice body bar. I compared the ingredients to their soaps. Does anyone know why the Honey & Orange Blossom soap bar does not have honey listed in the ingredients? Am I missing something? I don't see it. I love all their soap bars. Cannot decide which I like best.

Ingredients Shampoo Bar

Sodium palmate, Sodium Cocoate*, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Honey (Mel), Colloidal Oatmeal, Goat Milk (Caprae Lac), Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Sodium Cocoyl Threoninate Sodium Chloride, Pentasodium Pentetrate, Tetrasodium Etidronate *May also contain Sodium Palm Kernelate.

Ingredients: Bar Soaps 

Honey & Oats Goat Milk Scrub Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Avena Sativa (oat), Kernel Flour, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter (Cocoa Butter), Pentasodium Pentetate.

Honeyed Grapefruit Bath Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (water), Glycerin, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Caprae lac (Goat Milk), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Psidium Guajava Fruit Extract (Guava Leaf Extract), CI 77891, Pentasodium Pentetate, CI 77492, CI 77491.

Vanilla Absolute Goat Milk Bath Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), CI 77891, Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate.

Honey & Orange Blossom Soap Bar: Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate and or Palm Kernelate, Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Chloride, Caprae Lac (Goat Milk), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Oil, Aleurites Moluccana Seed Extract (Kukui Nut Oil), Butryrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Pentasodium Pentetate

Respected Contributor

Thank you for the review!!  I bought the Beekman special and love everything.  I didn't really want to try the shampoo bar because I didn't know how my hair would react to it.  I love the bar soap.  My arms are so soft, even without lotion!  I will try the shampoo bar tomorrow instead of the soap.  

Respected Contributor

I didn't think it would be great for the hair - but thanks for the suggestion.  The Beekman products ROCK!  My skin has never been so smooth, never itches anymore and I'm not even using lotion after washing with their bar soap.  Love the new Orange/Honey fragrance too.  The grapefruit fragrance was a little too much for me. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I didn't think it would be great for the hair - but thanks for the suggestion.  The Beekman products ROCK!  My skin has never been so smooth, never itches anymore and I'm not even using lotion after washing with their bar soap.  Love the new Orange/Honey fragrance too.  The grapefruit fragrance was a little too much for me. 

I didn't really like the grapefruit bar, it doesn't seem to be as moisturizing as the vanilla bar. I have oily skin so I've been using it on my face & it seems to be balancing my skin, my face doesn't seem to be getting as oily as it usually does.

Honored Contributor

@sgraham30 wrote:

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I didn't really like the grapefruit bar, it doesn't seem to be as moisturizing as the vanilla bar. I have oily skin so I've been using it on my face & it seems to be balancing my skin, my face doesn't seem to be getting as oily as it usually does.

sgraham30: I also thought the Vanilla was more moisturizing. Now I know it was not all in my head. LOL!!! I like all 4 of the soap bars. I think my favorite is a close match between the Vanilla Absolute & the Honey & Oats.

hoosieroriginal: If the honeyed grapefruit was too much the vanilla absolute may be too much for you also. I think you would like the honey & oats. The fragrance on it is lighter.