Valued Contributor

I always bought Tova's "signature fragrance". It was my signature fragrance and among other people I even had two of my doctors ask me what made me smell so good; because they wanted to buy it for their wives!

Well, we all know what happened to all of Tova's fragrances when the Q bought her business. It's never smelled the same since! I was able to buy a couple bottles from "the Bay" & another "fragrance" online site; at a very high price. Now, I'm on my last little bit that I've kept (all the previous as well) in the refrigerator. So sad! Not the biggest problem in the world but, the new fragrance is ever so different from the original and, I miss it terribly. 

I saw a quick presentation just now with Tova and Carolyn, for a holiday set of the new "signature fragrance". It couldn't have been more than five minutes. I remember Tova used to have hours just for her products, now 5 mininutes!?!

Has anyone out there tried the new formulation lately? I tried it once....only once. Because of the multidude of differences in formulation, time before it's fades, just a weird attempt of trying to be the real TOVA!

Please ladies~let me know your experience with this product recently. And, if anyone has a custom perfumeri to create a custom fragrance....please share. 

It was a treat to see Tova and I have seen her occasionally. But as my precious bottle is going down in volume, I get a bit melancholy for the first and original TOVA SIGNATURE!

Respected Contributor

I wore Tova Signature for at least 10 years but then it started to smell different.  I didn't know if it was my body chemistry that changed or the Tova.  That was sad because I loved it and got many compliments on it.  Have never found another fragrance that I like as much as the old Tova Signature. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TOVA, STILL SIGNATURE?

[ Edited ]

@Gemspirit and @Catty2, I didn't realize that QVC had bought her business and modified her formula. When did this happen and what is her current relationship with QVC? -- @HappyDaze, I thought you would be interested in this information as well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I think the formula changed around 2006.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Respected Contributor

I discovered Tova in an elevator in Vegas, loved it, like someone said compliments from men who wanted it for their wives, that was long ago, now never receive any comments, it sadly has changed, so no longer buy it

Respected Contributor

Last summer I bought both the Signature AND Summer Tova. Wouldn't have any idea what the "old" scent was like. But I love the Tova that I use!  Compliments all the time, I layer them!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Esteemed Contributor

Playing devil's advocate it stands to reason that if the formula for Signature had not been changed the price would have been increased significantly.  Tova used a lot of high end expensive oils in the fragrance when she sold it in her old Beverly Hills salon, and that was the version she brought to QVC.  The decision makers may have discerned that customers who were used to paying a certain price range for Tova would not be willing to pay $100 for their 3.4 ounce Tova.  Personally, I think Tova's scent still smells nice. 

Honored Contributor

Re: TOVA, STILL SIGNATURE?

[ Edited ]

@bebe777 wrote:

@Gemspirit and @Catty2, I didn't realize that QVC had bought her business and modified her formula. When did this happen and what is her current relationship with QVC? -- @HappyDaze, I thought you would be interested in this information as well. 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

well that is too bad. Wish I could have smelled the original before it was changed!

Speaking of which, my friend @bebe777, I have your package ready to go but won't be in town until Thursday to mail it off. for real this time! I emailed you about it.  I hope you like the Tova signure better than I did. I kep tthe Body mind and spirit as I thought that one was pretty nice. I still haven't tried the Tova Nights yet. I will pass it along to you f I don't want to keep it whenever I get around to trying it.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@bebe777 wrote:

-- bebe Smiley Happy

well that is too bad. Wish I could have smelled the original before it was changed!

Speaking of which, my friend @bebe777, I have your package ready to go but won't be in town until Thursday to mail it off. for real this time! I emailed you about it.  I hope you like the Tova signure better than I did. I kep tthe Body mind and spirit as I thought that one was pretty nice. I still haven't tried the Tova Nights yet. I will pass it along to you f I don't want to keep it whenever I get around to trying it.

@HappyDaze, thank you so very much. This is so generous of you and I really appreciate it. You need to email me back to let me know which of the Wen CCs that you'd like me to send you samples of. Take care, my friend and give my best to your husband. -- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I loved the original fragrance but when it changed I tried it and was so disappointed.

My sister gave it to me for X-mas last year and I didn't have the heart to tell her it was not to my liking. I should have returned it but just threw it out instead. I'm done with Tova and, after 3 tries, I've given up and moved on.