Trusted Contributor

Re: TOVA Experts-Need Advice

Hi Maggie, I've used Tova for more than 20 years and I've gone through all of the changes w/ it. The original signature had more of the absolute jasmine scent to it when I sprayed it initially. The new signature takes a bit more time before I smell it. The platinum has the same dry down scent but smells fresher and cleaner at first spray. They both dry down like the original to my sense of smell. I always spray my hair and my clothes and always receive compliments when I wear it. The lotion is thicker than the original and the hydration lasts til I shower. The scent has more lavender to me than the original. Hope this helps. We all have different body chemistry so I would give it a try. 

For the past few months I've been alternating my Tova Signature and Platinum w/ amazing grace which I also love. Good luck! Also, because I spray my clothes ie jackets and sweaters I can smell the Tova in my closet which is a bonus. 

Valued Contributor

Yes but how they differ?

Trusted Contributor

Maggie, I thought I had explained it ,but I'll try again. Sorry if you didn't understand my very long description. It was a bit confusing. The platinum and original differ to my nose at first spray but the dry down is the same on me. Platinum has a bit of a lighter,citrusy scent at first and signature doesn't. The original had a sweeter jasmine scent but even now the newer versions are the same long after I spray them. The musk is still there when they dry down as well. But this my nose smelling it and others who compliment me. Many people notice the musk and always want to know what I'm wearing. 

Hope this is a better explaination. Tova doesn't smell like anything I've ever smelled so I can't compare it. 

Frequent Contributor

@shoekitty wrote:

Hey noodles!!

Can I ask, since you seem like an original Tova gal..does the lotion still smooth like the old lotion?  That stuff used to be magic on the skin!  I haven't used any since her line was sold.

Her old body lotion was a scented body lotion. Her new ones have a hint of the top notes of the Signature and it does smooth my skin like the old one did. I like it alot.