Respected Contributor

THE SCENT SEARCH MAY BE OVER !!!!!!

Been testing different perfumes for the last year to replace my dwindling supply of the long-discontinued Theorema (FENDI).  Found a rollerball of Jimmy Choo for $24 at Macy's and have found it delightful--even DH can tolerate it without sneezing !!!

It is now a toss between Jimmy Choo and Fan de FENDI ... will probably buy them both.

Have you found a new one?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: THE SCENT SEARCH MAY BE OVER !!!!!!

I love Aerin's Waterlily Sun, it's light and pretty. I love wearing fragrance, but most are too strong, at least for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

Been testing different perfumes for the last year to replace my dwindling supply of the long-discontinued Theorema (FENDI).  Found a rollerball of Jimmy Choo for $24 at Macy's and have found it delightful--even DH can tolerate it without sneezing !!!

It is now a toss between Jimmy Choo and Fan de FENDI ... will probably buy them both.

@jlkz Jimmy Choo has been one of my favorites for a long time.

The one in the pinky-purple looking bottle.

I have people stop me all the time asking what I'm wearing or telling me that I smell wonderful.

Trusted Contributor

Funny you posted this since I have many samples but am soo picky since the birth of my son...29 years ago LOL! my nose changed?!

I liked an Aerin Lauder scent as well...I didn't have my sample labeled at Nordstrom so it's either Honeysuckle something and another! I have to get the name of both like them so much.

BUT when there a sales associate sampled me WALK ON AIR by Kate Spade..it's newer and I love it...it's a lily scent...feminine and clean and for the 1st time in ages I got complimented on my light scent, it was from my niece whose a Birchbox employee who has a great position and also she has access to it all! So I am now awaiting any day now in the mail the rollerball of this lovely scent...I like to change it up sometimes so buy these small sizes not a big bottle like when I was young...when I could use a bottle one loved bottle and be happy with that!

Happy you found something you love! Smiley Happy

It's hard to do with so many to choose from..most stink!

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Paris by YSL

Honored Contributor

These all sound so nice.  I am looking for something light and not heady.  I get a headache and allergies from the strong ones.

I am looking for something that reminds me of breath of fresh air, with a touch of light field flowers.  Not overly sweet but with the floral influence.  Any other suggestions? 

Thanks! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This one has a fairly light scent:

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1

I'm allergic to most everything fragrance related.  I get migranes and asthsma attacks.  The only one in my arsenol is the original Burberry fragrance.  Some call it "classic," but the bottle doesn't say classic.  It's an oval bottle.  

Respected Contributor

@jlkz wrote:

@jlkz-

Pardon my lack of knowledge and being a little OT.  Are you saying the regular Fendi fragrance has been discontinued?  While it's heavier than the fragrances I use now, Fendi the fragrance name was my signature for years & brings back many happy memories.  I have an almost full bottle- still would hate to see it go.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

These all sound so nice.  I am looking for something light and not heady.  I get a headache and allergies from the strong ones.

I am looking for something that reminds me of breath of fresh air, with a touch of light field flowers.  Not overly sweet but with the floral influence.  Any other suggestions? 

Thanks! 

I'm bit of a perfume person, and believe it or not, one of the most enjoyable, wearable floral fragrances is Avon Today. And you can't beat the price. You can buy it on their site but probably for much less on eBay. I have many scents, and this one is truly different than what everybody and her mother is wearing out there. Fresh, floral, and not heady or overly sweet. It has excellent reviews.

ETA: Avon Today (not to be confused with all the Avon flankers that followed that have "Today" in their title) is described by fragrantica as a floral woody musk scent.

Here is their description:

Today is the first fragrance in Avon’s trilogy of love. The face of Today’s ad campaign is Salma Hayek. The fragrance includes exotic tropical florals including strelitzia, also known as bird of paradise, and butterfly bush. The composition starts with the refreshing notes of freesia and cactus sap, while the note of white pepper ads some drama to this melody. Exotic flowers smell like honey. Base note includes sandalwood, cedar, velvety musky notes with a splash of rose water. Perfume was launched in 2004. It also won a 2005 FiFi award.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland