Super Contributor

Re: TGIF, Beauties!! What did you use up this week? 5/16/14

This week I used up:

Avon Rejuvenate 2-in-1 Gel Cleanser-4.2 oz Replaced with same from stash. This will soon be discontinued, and it is on sale in the current campagin. I plan to stock up.

Mica Beauty Anti-Wrinlke Moisturizer Pearl Collection This was an impulse buy from a vendor in the mall. I will not repurchase as it is out of my price range, and I did not see any added benefits. Replaced with Avon from stash

Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo-11.8 oz Will repurchase. I like to use this between using Avon 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner. Replaced with Avon 2-in-1 Shampoo and Conditioner

Avon Advance Techniques Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner -11.8 oz Same as description above.

Avon Silver Sparkle Bubble Bath-5 oz Discontinued. Being used as a hand soap refill.

Respected Contributor

Happy Friday beauties - I used up:

Got 2B Shine Pomade - Orange lid. One left in stash. This really makes your hair shine. Use just a dab.

Aveeno Body Wash - opened a 32 oz Inner Grace. Showing LITTLE progress in the stash.

Inner Grace - 5 oz body butter from kit. Have several BBW lotions still open.

Donated several tubes of toothpaste and 5 deodorants and a small bag of beauty samples to a food drive. Get them for almost nothing with coupons and brand doesn't matter. They said they needed toiletries in addition to food for this community drive, so at least they will go to good use.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Contributor

I was able to use a few items this week and am still working on a few items that are extremely close to being gone. Here is my list for this week:

Philosophy Lavender Pound Cake 3 in 1, 6 oz. I loved the smell of this. I wish they still made it. I'm not much of a lavender person, but it wasn't very noticeable in this scent.

Hempz Fresh Coconut and Watermelon Body Lotion, 2.25 oz. Moisturizing lotion and it smelled good, was very strongly scented.

Organix Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Conditioner, 13 oz. Really liked this conditioner. It smelled wonderful and made by hair super soft.

Contributor

Used up:

The Body Shop Aloe Calming Facial Cleanser - Not a repurchase for me. This product did not remove all of my make up and that is what I'm looking for in a cleanser. Will replace with many other 1/2 used products in my stash.

Trusted Contributor

I'm tossing just one thing this week.

Julep Nail Color in Ellie - I love this color but this really dries out my nails. Every time I wear it my nails split like crazy. I finished half the bottle so I feel like I gave it a good try. I will not be purchasing any more Julep polishes. I have found that Zoya works the best for me: 5 free, long lasting, shiny.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Neela and Friends,

Used up:

Philosophy Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Lipshine- I really liked this one, wish I had bought a backup as I can't find it anywhere. Plenty more in stash to choose from.

Gave away from stash:

Taupe palette from Mally Celebrate Your Beauty Spring AD, Peach Lipshine, Mascara, and Kona Eyeliner.

Philosophy Travel Size Amazing Grace Spray Fragrance

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Respected Contributor

M. Asam Vinolift serum, 3.3 oz. - finished up on body, as I am currently using the Tria laser and using Skinn collagenesis serum for lip and laugh line serum (really a cream) all over my face.

Carol's Daughter Orange Ambrosia body oil - a really nice scent. Carol's Daughter's oils are very nice and I would definitely purchase again at some point.

Isomers Acyl Glutathione body serum, 8 oz. - I always buy the Isomers products when they are offered in larger sizes, and would definitely purchase this again.

Valued Contributor

Good morning beauties...I just have to say that I love these threads that are so kind and positive !!

This is my list for the week:

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser - really like this, but it takes a bit of work to rinse off. Replaced with a Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser that I’m really liking

A tub of Aveeno Skin Relief Moisture Repair Cream - my favorite moisturizer. But I replaced with a tub of the limited edition Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess body cream which I will use until it’s gone…love the scent and it’s very moisturizing…tried to buy another tub, but it’s already sold out everywhere

Olay Regenerist lotion with sunscreen spf 50 - it was “fine”, but I’m still looking for a formulation that isn’t so slick on my combo skin. Waiting for a delivery from the Kiehl’s F&F sale…I have a sunscreen in my order.

Trusted Contributor

On 5/16/2014 donasmom said:

Good Morning and Happy Friday! This is my last TGIF from sunny (and hot right now) California. We are moving to Wooster, Ohio this Tuesday. My list reflects some of the "benefits" of packing up and moving:

Philosophy Time in a Bottle (Luxury size sample) - Meh. Would not repurchase this serum.

Sample Packets:

Philosophy Full of Promise Night Time Treatment Serum - Meh. I just think my skin doesn't "appreciate" Philosophy products.

Philosophy Miracle Worker Moisturizer - Meh. Would not repurchase.

Ole Henricksen Truth Serum - My skin loves this! I have a Mad Hippie serum (packed) but when the Mad Hippie is gone, I'll go back to the Ole Henricksen.

That's all for me. My DH, DS, 3 kitties, and I head out this Tuesday. Looking forward to moving into our new home and "rediscovering" everything that I have packed!

Good Luck!! Hope the move goes smoothly!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

Philosophy Hope in a Jar - I love this moisturizer but will use the things under my sink before repurchasing HIAJ.

Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara - My eyelashes were abandoning ship, so I bought this after just bee recommended it. A keeper. My lost lashes have rejoined the crew, and I'm a happy captain.

Maybelline Lip Gloss - It doesn't matter what type or color it is because it has been discontinued. Too bad. I really liked it.

Paws and enjoy life.