Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You use Up This Week 2/17?

Finished with another of Jose Maran's body butters from the book-like TSV months ago.  This is great stuff.  This particular one had a very faint scent and I'm ashamed to say I couldn't read the jar without my glasses and never did find out what it was supposed to be.  On to the next jar!

@Leeni I'm enjoying a few Elizabeth Arden products purchased a while back - really enjoying.  Scent very pleasant but not too perfumy and the performance I believe is good.  I would visit the salon and talk to the makeup rep except I know would end up buying things I don't need right now.  Their eyeshadow palletts always seem to run to the pastels though which I can't really use.

Respected Contributor

Used up:

kirkland facial wipes - these are ok.  I replaced with same because I have them but not a repurchase once I am through with them all. 

Tossed:

isomers vit c nourishing cream - old, oxidized.

20+ sample packets - I don't like these packets so I tried to give them away. Whatever wasn't taken got tossed. 

Super Contributor

Good afternoon Beauties,

Thank you joseygirl for starting us off this week...trust you have recovered from your dental procedure.

This week I used up Secret Cilnical Strength Smooth Solid   antiperspirant, 1.6 oz., replaced with same from stash and ZIRH

correct, 1 oz, items using up from husband's stash,  it was very hydrating, this may be the last one of his!

Wishing all you BEAUTIES a happy, fun and healthy week.

Trusted Contributor

This is week #2 for me joining in on the fun! I think this the best thread because it encourages us to focus on not wasting products.

I finished up Aragon Day Cream with Dead Sea minerals from Spa Cosmetics. This was a gift from my mom and I actually enjoyed the product. I am not sure why I stopped using it other than I really love my Signature Club A Aragon and Baobab Day Cream but I finished that up last week. I want to order some more but I am really trying to holdout because I need to use up other products:-) this is going to be tough because Adrienne will be on next week and always has great deals!
Esteemed Contributor

I used up half a box of Nice n Easy hair color and got rid of some L'Oreal shampoos/conditioners as my hair is getting to used to them and it's hard to get a comb through my hair after using them. I also got rid of a L'Oreal leave in detangling spray and an Ojon revitalizing mist that was nearly empty as I didn't use them.

Esteemed Contributor

I always enjoy this thread too!  I love to see what ladies used, what products they loved and what they didn't.   I don't keep a stash and usually buy the same favorite cosmetics over and over so my "replaced with same" is borrrrring.

This week I decided to toss some old, old makeup items and buy new replacements.  I tossed 8 pencil eyeliners, 2 eyeshadow pallets, blush, lipsticks, and finishing powder - not because I did or didn't like them, but needed to start with some fresh products.   I know some of my pencils were 10+ years old.  Eek!  My makeup drawer is practically empty now.  Trying new products and colors will be fun!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm debating tossing a relatively new NYX lip liner retractable pencil in Vanilla Sky shade -- a nude  -- the crayon keeps breaking off when applied to the lips.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

I finally finished:

Boscia Blotting Linens in Peppermint - I used to use one sheet a day, but my skin has become much drier so I rarely use these now.  It took 9 months to finish this one pack!  I will replace it with the same from my stash, just because I do need it once in a while on hot days.

Respected Contributor

@Jacie wrote:

Hello all! Finally after some slow weeks I used up:

9oz. jar of Giovanni Hot Chocolate Sugar Scrub and replaced with the same. I really like this, it actually usurped my original HG sugar scrub from Fresh! It smells delish and at 7.99 a jar, well, can't beat the price! Fresh was $65 bucks for the big jar! If you like a sugar scrub, try the Giovanni product.

Travel size of Smashbox Photo Finish Primer and will replace with the large tube.. This is a nice primer and a little goes a long way.

Had to toss:

a jar of Nick Chavez Soft Flocker that was almost gone. Hadn't used it in ages (my hair is MUCH longer now) and it had turned. I really liked the product when I had short hair.

See you next week!

Hi - I'm wondering where you buy the Giovanni hot chocolate scrub for $7.99? I see it online at WalMart for twice that. Thanks 

Super Contributor

This. Week I used up-  SCA Coconut Meltdown 4oz-' love th...

This. Week I used up-

SCA Coconut Meltdown 4oz-'

love this, more in the stash

Tova signature shower gel 2oz- love this, more in the stash

Thymes Aquacoralle hand cream sample size, reall like this,  very "beachy"