Trusted Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 3/24?

Hi Friends:

Used up;

4 oz. Algenist Regenerative Anti-Aging Moisturizer- I really liked this cream. Really helped my dry skin get through this winter looking hydrated. I will definately repurchase once stash is gone. Replaced with small size of the same. 

32 oz. WEN 613 Cleansing Conditoner- works well for me, replacing with Tea Tree. 

Bath and Bodyworks Fresh Sparkling Snow Foaming Handsoap- nice, recieved as a Xmas gift, replaced with Perlier Shea Vanilla Shower Cream. 

Have a great weekend!

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Used up:

Josie Maran Argan Oil Light .5 oz - This was fine but overpriced as we all know.  I got it in a set but I wouldn't repurchase it separately.  Moving on to another oil from the stash.

Biore UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence SPF 50+ - Phew that's a long name.  This was a nice sunscreen that I got in Japan.  It's very lightweight and played well with my makeup.  I'm replacing it with the Kanebo Allie SPF 50+, another Japanese sunscreen.

The Honest Co. Shampoo & Body Wash - This was mild but did the job.  I will repurchase the 2-pack from Costco again.  For now I am replacing it with a homemade goat milk & rosemary bar soap made by a friend.  I have a couple of bar soaps I want to use up.

Fresh Seaberry Restorative Body Cream - I really like the consistency of this lotion but it is pricey so I only buy it on sale.  I am replacing it with the same but after I finish the 2nd tube, I may look into making my own body lotion.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Beekman bar soap- replaced with same.  Have a few bars to go yet. Nice soap just not sure it will be a repurchase. 

Skinn essential radiance body mist - I like the scent and it makes skin smell nice but I don't smell it at all on me. Not a repurchase. 

Timeless c serum - used two thirds and tossing the rest.  Nice serum but I am tired of running to the fridge to use.  Plus, it is a few months old now.

Tresemme hair spray - gave away. Don't use hair spray and have another one by alterna. Don't know why I keep buying.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TGIF Beauties! 

I got rid of several items this week - one way or another! 

USED UP:

• TRESemme Tres Two Spray Ultra Fine Mist Non-Aerosol Hairspray - I like this and will probably buy again but they were out of it when I went to the store so I got TRESemme Curl Lock Hairspray. 

USED UP a LONG time ago:

I think I held onto these so I'd remember the names of the colors. 

• Laura Geller INKcredible waterproof Gel Eyeliners - PURPLE RAIN, BROWN EYED GIRL, AFTER MIDNIGHT - I loved all three. They were part of a 6 piece eye liner kit that I will probably repurchase. The only liner I did not really care for was a bluish gray and the ones I like aren't available for a better price any other way. 

TOSSED (containers recycled when possible):

• SKINN DermaLift Night Cream - Old, gone bad, did not care for, even Dimitri didn't like it - he stopped making it!
  • SKINN DermaLift Night Serum - Same as above
  • Chaz Dean SixThirteen Daily Cleansing Treatment 32 oz - Did not do much for my hair, tried using it up as a leave-in conditioner but lost interest in that. Finally got tired of it sitting in the closet. 
  • Lisa Rachel Conditioner & Cleanser for Damaged Hair - Same category as 613. This type of product doesn't do anything for my hair. So why didn't I toss it years ago? lol
  • Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion 1 fl oz. - Sample that came in a beauty box, Allure, I think. I don't think I did more than sample this when I got it. I am too picky about products to be happy with random products in beauty boxes so I don't buy them anymore.
  • Bliss Poetic Waxing Super Skin Cleanser 1 fl oz - Another sample from a beauty box. I don't think I tried this at all. 
  • Bliss Poetic Waxing Pre-and post-Waxing oil 1 fl oz - Yet another beauty box product I had no need of. 
  • NIVEA Express Hydration 1 fl oz - Yep. Another beauty box reject. Some of these may be really nice but I wasn't interested or motivated to try them. 
  • SPOT Skin Cancer Sunscreen - I think a dermatologist gave me this sample. I never used it & it has expired. I obviously don't do well with sample sizes. lol

Have a beautiful weekend!  

Trusted Contributor

Hello and Happy Friday!

I used up the following items:

St Ives Apricot Scrub- I usually keep this one hand, I replaced with the Walgreens knock off that I bought on sale. I like St Ives products and regularly purchase them.

Crest-whitening toothpaste...replaced with Colgate extreme.

Maybelline-master primer blur and illuminate, this is a great product and I replaced with my backup of the same.

That's it for me:-) have a great weekend!
Super Contributor

This week I used up-

First Aid Beauty deep cleanser 1oz, this came in some kit, did not like, very drying, now back to SCA, my favorite

Threw out 2 old toothbrushes, replaced with same

Super Contributor

Hello Beauties,

This week I used up one of my favorites: SSC Olive Oil Facial Cleanser. Love it, will purchase again, the fragrance is great, it rinses off easily and is non-drying.

wildob3, great job cleaning out all that excess stash!!!

Wishing all of you Beauties and josey girl a nice week.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I cleaned the bathrooms so naturally I also did some spring cleaning too. 

Tossed out an old ibeauty big round boar bristle hair brush. It is shedding so out it went I have 2 others that don't shed.

2 other boar bristle brushes - don't like them as they are too big for travel.

Used up a container of Walmart's Equate baby wipes. Meh. Replaced with Cottonelle instead.

Eyeliner pencils - various. Eyeliner does not enhance my eyes.

Tossed out old hair coloring applicator bottles. I usually keep extra empty bottles on hand.

Emptied a bottle of hand wash mixture. I mxed 2 brands but it just became a gooey mess so dumped it down the toilet.

Respected Contributor

Happy Saturday beauties! It's been slow over here using up products, this is  my short list for the last 2 weeks:

Sample packet of Fresh Vitamin Nectar face mask- this was really weird, it actually had little pieces of something in it, similar to orange peel, so I didn't care for it at all, definitely not a purchase

Kenra moisturizing shampoo 1 liter size- this has been in my shower for many months and I still have one more to use up. It's only ok, once I use up my second liter I won't be repurchasing. That will teach me to buy 2 liters of something that I've never tried before

Tossed about a half of a container of SKINN Vitamin C powder. I used to mix this with my Enlightened Radiance products. These are long gone and I'm not repurchasing so I was mixing it with just a generic moisturizer. I've been using this for months and just got tired of fussing with it so I tossed the rest

That's it for me, have a great weekend everyone and hoping to have more to report soon!

Esteemed Contributor

Good morning!

I also like the Garnier Clearly Brighter SPF moisturizer -- it's what I wear when I'm not wearing foundation, or when I'm spending the day outdoors.  It's my "gardening" moisturizer. 

This week I used up:

Amara Organics 20% Vitamin C Serum -- replaced with same.  Love it!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt