Super Contributor

TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/9?

Happy Friday Beauties,

What did you use up this week?  I did not use up anything.

Honored Contributor

Re: TGIF Beauties! What Did You Use Up This Week 10/9?

Jordana Mascara - full size.  I replaced with the same.

Sephora Facial Moisturizer - sample packette.  I got this when I ordered some other items from sephora.  This seemed like an okay moisturizer but it was so heavily scented, it's not something I'd purchase in the full size.

True Blue Spa look ma, new hands - 2.5oz size.  I love this and have kept a tube of this on my desk for year. But this time I decided to give Bliss high intensity hand cream a go and I really also like that. 

Super Contributor

This week I used up-

One Tom's deodorant- love this, replaced with another

One sample packet of Miracle Worker eye serum- this was very nice for night but need to use up my Dr. Denese eye cream before purchasing more

This week I got rid of-

One old bottle of Tova fragrance (not vintage) that had gone bad

Esteemed Contributor

I used up a bottle of Essence eau de toilette in the scent "Like an Unforgettable Kiss". This was a Valentine limited edition fragrance and I have another one open and one in my beauty stash.

I donated a bunch of L'Oreal hair color boxes as the color isn't right for me.

I used up a container of Toppik in the medium brown shade and I've replaqced it with one from my beauty stash.

Super Contributor

this week i used up Maybelline lots of lashes mascara and replaced it with the same.  I bought this mascara at the food store on a whim  when I ran out of a department store brand and I love it.  Gives me long full lashes!  My friend at work asked me if I had on falsies!  I also used up WEN fig treatment oil and replaced it with WEN tea tree treatment oil.  I also purchased a new fragrance.  I had a Sephora gift card to use so I went online to shop for fragrance.  (thats kind of funny, right?)  After reading descriptions and reading reviews, I decided on Clean brands Clean Cashmere.  Couldnt be happier with my choice.  Clean Cashmere is a clean fresh scent.  Its warm and inviting.  Ever hug someone and want to hold on a little longer because they smell no nice?  Well for me, this is what this smells like.  QVC sells this brand  too but no in  Cashmere.  Now I want to try all the scents.

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva,  which Jordana mascara did you purchase?  I've heard so many ladys mention Jordana but I think its a specific one that performs so well.  I bought the green cap and wasnt impressed. 

Respected Contributor

Bought some IT stuff  @ ULTA and got a "gift". Loved some items for travel size but didn't like the mascara.  Washed the mascara brush and am using it to smoothe out brows and separate lower lashes.  Tossed the mascara base.

Used up the last FLEX shampoo and FLEX conditioner:  I really loved that stuff: it was cheap but performed well and smelled so good.  Always got compliments on it.  ( Had weekend guests last year and the gal came down the stairs demanding to know where I got the FLEX in her guest bathroom -- she loved it too and wanted to find it again !!! )

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Contributor

I was able to use up a few things this week.

Maybelline Peppermint Baby Lips Lip Balm, 0.15 oz. - One of my favorites. 

Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Dry Shampoo, 7 oz. - My favorite. The scent is a bit strong on this. I'm currenty using the unscented and think I like this one better. 

Zest Aloe Spash Body Wash, 18 oz. Nice lightly fragranced body wash. Shared this in the shower. 

Olay Cooling White Strawberry & Mint Bar Soap, 3.17 oz. I really liked the scent of this. That being said, I was surprised when I opened the box and saw how small the bar was. I would say about a 1/3 of it was waisted from melting. As soon as this hit the water, it turned to a consistency of soapy lotion. I'm glad I bought it on sale. I have a few more bars to use up and will revisit later. 

Trusted Contributor

Used up:

Jo Malone Orange Blossom Cologne - LOVE this scent!  I finally decided to use it up instead of saving it.  Replacing with the NEST Indigo scent from the stash.  I would repurchase this in the future.

Tossed:

Ciate Mint Chocolate Polish remover - Bought this on sale at TJ Maxx but it's terrible.  It's very weak and I have to scrub at my nails to get off the polish.  Out it goes.

Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid - This is very old and I bought the new version which is less sticky.

One Love Dry Shampoo Powder - I just don't use dry shampoo.

Urban Decay B6 Prep Spray - Sample size that was a GWP.  I don't think it does anything and it kind of stings.  But I love the spray bottle.  I'm going to reuse it for other sprays.

Supergoop Setting Mist - So many things wrong with this.  I have a ton left but it leaves a sticky residue, stings, and the spray clogs constantly.