Trusted Contributor

Re: Susan Lucci - ridiculously beautiful!

Is her hubby part of the Swarovsky crystal co.?  Wow!!  I went to their museum in Innsbruck Austria.  Beautiful stuff.  I loved Lucci Shampoo from hsn.

Respected Contributor

I urge everyone to google Feeding America and look at the number of Americans living in poverty and with very low food or food insecurity everyday. 

That's just one segment of the population. How many are caring for aging parents?  Grandkids? A sick child or spouse or parent?  Mental illness?  Alzheimers? How many have disabilities or chronic illness? And on and on. 

It's easy to say you don't have a lot of money but still manage to stay fit. Yes, you can. But you have enough money apparently to buy good food. It's very naive to think that everyone is in that situation and can manage to care for themselves and others and still stay physically fit if they " just wanted to".  

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

I urge everyone to google Feeding America and look at the number of Americans living in poverty and with very low food or food insecurity everyday. 

That's just one segment of the population. How many are caring for aging parents?  Grandkids? A sick child or spouse or parent?  Mental illness?  Alzheimers? How many have disabilities or chronic illness? And on and on. 

It's easy to say you don't have a lot of money but still manage to stay fit. Yes, you can. But you have enough money apparently to buy good food. It's very naive to think that everyone is in that situation and can manage to care for themselves and others and still stay physically fit if they " just wanted to".  

I can speak only for myself here, but when I suggest that one does not need to be wealthy or famous in order to to eat a relatively healthful diet and incorporate some type of physical activity into their lives, I am speaking of the vast majority, not those whose lives are consumed by disease or abject conditions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Whether too thin or not, Susan Lucci is likeable, well spoken, and funny. I'd rather watch her on a talk show then some annoying morning show diva named Kelly Ripa.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

I can speak only for myself here, but when I suggest that one does not need to be wealthy or famous in order to to eat a relatively healthful diet and incorporate some type of physical activity into their lives, I am speaking of the vast majority, not those whose lives are consumed by disease or abject conditions.

@suzyQ3 I'm really not trying to be argumentative. Really. But that's part of my point. A lot more people are in the other camp than we realize. 48.1 million alone in 2014 are food challenged. 

Lots of people are struggling everyday. Just food for thought. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Reba055 wrote:

@suzyQ3 I'm really not trying to be argumentative. Really. But that's part of my point. A lot more people are in the other camp than we realize. 48.1 million alone in 2014 are food challenged. 

Lots of people are struggling everyday. Just food for thought. 

@Reba055, I am very well aware of the divide; hence my political bent.

But it doesn't really relate to those who are not suffering in such a way. That's my only point. Most of us can adopt a healthy eating and moderate exercise program if we really want to.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Yes, she is divorce,  her husband was caught cheating on her,  with a younger woman Just goes to show, rich and beautiful does NOT guarantee you a happily ever after..

Valued Contributor

Susan unfortunately is divorced,  Her husband cheated on her with a younger woman,  Rich, beautiful and youthful does not mean happy ever after.

Honored Contributor

I think you have Lucci confused w/ another actress. Her husband of 40 yrs. is not a plastic surgeon.