Honored Contributor

@SurferWife - Please check In

@SurferWife  - Not sure which Island you live on but please check in and let us know how you are doing.  My heart goes out to everyone on Maui.  Living in CA, I know how devastating these fires are.  Hope you are ok.

Respected Contributor

Re: @SurferWife - Please check In

There is a post in among friends recently where she checked in.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

There is a post in among friends recently where she checked in.

@spumoni99  - thank you so much for letting me know.  The fires are just horrendous and heartbreaking.

Honored Contributor

Oh no!  I don't watch tv and knew nothing about this.  I'll Google it.  I'm thankful @SurferWife is ok!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL wrote:

@SurferWife  - Not sure which Island you live on but please check in and let us know how you are doing.  My heart goes out to everyone on Maui.  Living in CA, I know how devastating these fires are.  Hope you are ok.

@JudyL @She lives on Oahu. There are a couple of small fires on that island.  

Respected Contributor

Just wanted to tag in and offer my concern for@SurferWife  as well. Glad y'all are okay.

Always nice to have your buddies come together and hold you up if necessary. Thinking of our friends and family in harms way.

Respected Contributor

@Spacrazy wrote:

Just wanted to tag in and offer my concern for@SurferWife  as well. Glad y'all are okay.

Always nice to have your buddies come together and hold you up if necessary. Thinking of our friends and family in harms way.

@Spacrazy   Nice sentiment, feel the same way!

Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

We are okay.  We live on O‘ahu and the fires are on Mau‘i.  I'm still very concerned about my colleague who lives in Lahaina (the town where all the devastating fires are).  We are trying to contact her sister (I'm not sure where she lives but I don't think it is in Hawaii), but my manager hasn't heard anything back.  I'm praying she is safe somewhere and because the cell towers are down she can't call.  I keep sending her texts but yesterday afternoon she had already texted me saying her battery was dying & she couldn't recharge it.

Thank you ALL for checking in on me.  It's heartwarming to know y'all care.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife so glad to hear you're ok. Your friend and all the people in Maui are in my thoughts and prayers.

"Dogs heal hearts they never broke"
RIP Lexi aka "Momma" 1/15/24
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've just been watching coverage of the fires.  It's just devastating and heartbreaking.

@SurferWife - So glad you're okay.  I truly hope you manage to hear from your colleague soon.