Respected Contributor

Suggestions for a really moisturizing liquid and soap?

My nails and cuticles are such a mess.  I wash my hands constantly and need a truely moisturizing liquid soap.  Any suggestions? 

Doesn't have to be at QVC at all. 

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions for a really moisturizing liquid and soap?

You can add some glycerin to any existing hand soap and it will be more moisturizing. You can also swap your hand soap for a body wash, which are often more moisturizing. Or, if you're in dire need, give soap up and use a WEN body cleanser or hair conditioner as your soap. You can always keep a regular soap around for when you need to wash your hands for food handling, but a conditioner will get your hands as clean as soap.

And make sure you keep a good hand cream at every sink in the house and at work and apply that immediately after you wash.

Respected Contributor

Thank you ChynnaBlue.  Using body wash is a good idea!   I might look for glycerine too.  Wen is more than I want to pay.  I do keep hand cream all over the place. 

Thanks for your reply.

Honored Contributor

If you have any trouble finding glycerin, ask someone in the store. Most drugstores carry it, but they have it in different places. Sometimes it's in first aid, sometimes near the hemorrhoid products, other times in the African American hair section. Finding it can be an adventure.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for telling me that glycerine is hard to find.  I almost asked where to find it and figured that was a dumb question.  LOL  I thought maybe everyone knows where it is.  I've never purchased it.

I'm assuming it is liquid?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Yes, liquid. It should be a clear liquid and 100% glycerin. Sometimes you'll find a rosewater and glycerin mix, which you can also add to your soap if you want, but it won't be as moisturizing as 100% glycerin and will probably cost more.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Chynna!

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

My nails and cuticles are such a mess.  I wash my hands constantly and need a truely moisturizing liquid soap.  Any suggestions? 

Doesn't have to be at QVC at all. 

Thank you!

Josie Maran's Argan Oil. Works for me!  In fact, that product does so many good things for me. I have used it for cleansing my face; for mositurizing; for using all over the body, but particularly on dry areas like my elbows. I even put at on my hands and then run my fingers thru my hair. I've found many uses for it. Hope this helps you.