Contributor

Suggestions Cruelty Free Product Line

Okay since IT is out for me now because Jamie sold to Loreal, can someone please recomment a line of cosmetics that is good and cruelty free.  I've used IT since it came out and have no idea what to start with now it's been so long.  Can anyone suggest something good that's working for them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Suggestions Cruelty Free Product Line

This is a link to cruelty free products that you might find helpful, I will no longer be buying IT cosmetics either, for the same reason.

http://www.navs.org/what-we-do/promote-cruelty-free-shopping/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea and was just about to buy more cc. ugh!

Honored Contributor

@Katz25 I am assuming you only want suggestions from truly cruelty free lines, including those claiming to be but still owned by a parent company that does?

Contributor

I want totally cruety free line. If a company owns them that's not  I don't want to use it.  I am cleaning out and throwing away everything that isn't totally free.  That IT Cosmetics letter just made me mad and got me to thinking and I refuse to use any products that are animal tested any longer.

Contributor

I just read that Laura Geller, Josie Maran, BE and Mally are cruelty free.  Lots of drugstore brands.  OMG I have tons of Skinn products wonder if Dimitri's products are cruelty free?

Contributor

Here is another list that shows products...make up and skin care: http://www.crueltyfreekitty.com/list-of-cruelty-free-brands/
Trusted Contributor

@Katz25 wrote:

I just read that Laura Geller, Josie Maran, BE and Mally are cruelty free.  Lots of drugstore brands.  OMG I have tons of Skinn products wonder if Dimitri's products are cruelty free?

Hi @Katz25 Skinn is not only cruelty free, but Dimitri won't even use animal products or by-products (keratin,snail slime secretion, horse hair for brushes) He is an animal lover and advocate and his line is great for someone looking for cruelty free/no animal products Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Katz25 I am assuming you only want suggestions from truly cruelty free lines, including those claiming to be but still owned by a parent company that does?

@HappyDaze

Happy Saturday, sweet lady!

You made a very good point, when a product line sells to another company and claims to 'still' be cruelty free, yet the parent company is not, it's all smoke & mirrors.

Same thing with Tarte  (now owned by KOSE, a Japanese co. that does test on animals) & Philosophy (now owned by Coty, who also tests on animals).

Just goes to show, it's all about the Benjamins........

http://vidacompassion.org/main/list/company.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Contributor

Thank you so much Krissy!  I thought not because I know how much he loves animals, but so glad for confirmation.