Respected Contributor

When using beauty products such as lotions and creams, do you

mix the product before use? Could some ingredients be sinking to

the bottom? I often wonder about this. 

How would you even mix something in a pump bottle? I wouldn't

want to expose it to the air each time. It's too thick to shake.

When using beauty creams in jars, do you mix it up before using?

Do you use it from the top?    Does it make any difference ?

What are your thoughts on this ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Stirring Up The Mix

[ Edited ]

The only thing I may mix is my moisturizer with oils, like Paula's choice moisture boost oil. But if I do, I will mix it in my hand as I use it, not in a container. I always keep my products separate and would not consider mixing them together in a container as I would have no idea how doing so may affect the pH, consistency, efficacy, etc of the product. For example, some products will become ineffective if their pH changes and mixing it with another product could do so. Too risky, imo.

Honored Contributor

This isn't a concern of mine.  I'm pretty sure that during the manufacturing process the ingredients are mixed at a high rate of speed so that all the components are infused together and they stay that way.  For lack of a better example, they're not like natural peanut where the oil separates or like a piece of a cookie that falls through the glass of milk and lands on the bottom of the glass.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

The only thing I may mix is my moisturizer with oils, like Paula's choice moisture boost oil. But if I do, I will mix it in my hand as I use it, not in a container. I always keep my products separate and would not consider mixing them together in a container as I would have no idea how doing so may affect the pH, consistency, efficacy, etc of the product. For example, some products will become ineffective if their pH changes and mixing it with another product could do so. Too risky, imo.

@HappyDaze  I don't think the OP is talking about cocktailing, but rather product separation.

Honored Contributor

I shake products like moisturizers and some treatments products in bottles and tubes. I don't use any jar products except Vaseline. I think jars get contaminated quickly. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Stirring Up The Mix

[ Edited ]

I have never even thought of this?!

I do shake as if it says so..always.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone ! 

JeanLouiseFinch......I think you are right and I'm not going to give it

another thought !!    Woman Happy