Honored Contributor

Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush

A poster recently mentioned that she loves this blush in a particular shade. I had not heard of it before, so I looked it up. It has generally excellent reviews. It came out in 2015 and currently retails for $26 at Sephora, Nordstrom, etc. .

It's a water-based gel blush in a small pot with a mesh net dispenser. It is advertised as having "sheer, natural, and luminous" coverage. There are five shades. Only one looks as if it might be fairly bold; the other four, soft. It can be sheer or built up.

I'm mentioning all this because Stila currently has them on sale for $8 each on their website. I picked up four of them and hope that I like the formula. It looked very pretty online (swatches and video)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Stila Aqua Glow Watercolor Blush

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

A poster recently mentioned that she loves this blush in a particular shade. I had not heard of it before, so I looked it up. It has generally excellent reviews. It came out in 2015 and currently retails for $26 at Sephora, Nordstrom, etc. .

It's a water-based gel blush in a small pot with a mesh net dispenser. It is advertised as having "sheer, natural, and luminous" coverage. There are five shades. Only one looks as if it might be fairly bold; the other four, soft. It can be sheer or built up.

I'm mentioning all this because Stila currently has them on sale for $8 each on their website. I picked up four of them and hope that I like the formula. It looked very pretty online (swatches and video)

I mentioned this on a thread asking for recommendations for blushes. It is one of the best blushes I have used. It is so great in the summer. Thanks for letting me know about the sale, I am on my way over there now. 

Also let me know how you like it (or anyone else who tries it). I do have combo to oily skin and this is one blush that doesn't disappear on me. It looks really natural and luminous on me. More so than most blushes that say that but don't always work out that way on me. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

Hey @suzyQ3 & @Irshgrl31201!! I bought four of these last year and loved them! Well, you know how we often do and move on to other things, but I was "shopping my stash" over the past few weeks and started to use them again, and I have been using them really frequently since then! They are absolutely gorgeous, look so natural, but last ALL day. They really do give that natural flushed look that doesn't look like it's blush. I apply with my elf stippling brush, and that works really well with this. I *might* have to pick up the shade I don't have......... Let me know how you like them, @suzyQ3!!

Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

Hey @suzyQ3 & @Irshgrl31201!! I bought four of these last year and loved them! Well, you know how we often do and move on to other things, but I was "shopping my stash" over the past few weeks and started to use them again, and I have been using them really frequently since then! They are absolutely gorgeous, look so natural, but last ALL day. They really do give that natural flushed look that doesn't look like it's blush. I apply with my elf stippling brush, and that works really well with this. I *might* have to pick up the shade I don't have......... Let me know how you like them, @suzyQ3!!

Aren't they the best @FUTURE. Blush isn't something I usually get excited about and I have no idea why I paid $26 for them in the first place but I do have to say I am glad i did. It took me a minute to find these on their website because when I looked under blushes, I didn't see these so I googled and then found them. I bought them all. 

You are so right, they do look so natural and they do last all day which I usually have a problem with in the summer. Girl, I use the same brush. That ELF stippling brush is so good. I bought several of them!!  I am so excited to get them!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

Ladies what colors do you like the best? They all look kind of bright in the pots. 

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

Ladies what colors do you like the best? They all look kind of bright in the pots. 

Rosewater is my favorite. It's so natural and pretty. It's the most sheer of the bunch. It's a pretty pink with a touch of nude. Water lily is a brighter pink with a touch of coral, shimmering lotus is a bright peach coral, and water blossom (my second favorite, and also more sheer than the previous two, but not as sheer as Rosewater) is a pretty pink with a tiny bit of orchid in it. I don't have the bright red one. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@FUTURE wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Rosewater is my favorite. It's so natural and pretty. It's the most sheer of the bunch. It's a pretty pink with a touch of nude. Water lily is a brighter pink with a touch of coral, shimmering lotus is a bright peach coral, and water blossom (my second favorite, and also more sheer than the previous two, but not as sheer as Rosewater) is a pretty pink with a tiny bit of orchid in it. I don't have the bright red one. 

@FUTURE& @HappyDaze, those are the four I purchased. I decided against the Poppy color, which is the bright red one, although I understand that all of these are fairly sheer, depending upon application.

My ordering was messed up, so I am going to receive two duplicate orders (will get fixed). One is supposedly arriving today.

BTW, to anyone interested, you'll find these in the Sale section of the site, not under "blushes."

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

I dislike when so many things are discontinued lately!!! argh and this is one although I've not bought. I did however, buy Lancome's blush very similar w/ a coupon on HSN and it's in a coral something. LOVE it! takes a very small amount and lasts and has quite a lot is in that spongy thing Smiley Wink   Enjoy your blush...these are nice products I feel. 

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE Lol rose water and water blossom are the two I thought looked the best. Rose water gets a lot of good reviews. It really looks pretty on the fair gals I saw online.

thanks @FUTURE and @suzyQ3

Honored Contributor

@FUTURE, I received the four today and have tried Shimmering Lotus. Maybe it's my skin tone (light/med), but I didn't find this one bright at all. In fact, I had to build it up. It's a nice, glowy finish finish. It supposedly is the most shimmery of the bunch, hence the name, but I think it's very wearable for normal or dry skin -- maybe not the best for oily skin, but that's all so individual.

What's very nice with this blush is that it doesn't look as if it's sitting on top of your skin but as if it's part of your skin.

I'll weigh in on the others.