Super Contributor

Re: Some People Are Not Impressed With The Shower Gels

The thing I like about Philosophy shower gels more than BBW gels is that they aren't so overly scented. I do like BBW but I just feel like they are tooo scented for me. I also love that I get the nice scent in the shower/tub with Philosophy but I don't smell so strong after I get out.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't use BBW shower gels. The scents are just too strong for me. They make me start coughing. To be fair, I suffer from Asthma so something in them obviously sets me off.

My SIL absolutely loves their products.

Honored Contributor

Philosophy shower gels are junk. Just junk that smells good. None of the ingredients are extraordinary. They work okay, but I quit using them because the ingredient deck is not in line with what I need and use now. . I used to use them as shampoo, and I have to say they worked well for that! I use a conditioner, so the 3-1 was fine at the time.

I agree with the poster that said Philosophy has true to the name scents. Cinnamon buns is my all time fav. But when the company was sold they just went down hill. JMHO

Valued Contributor

In the past I've given a few shower gels to my daughter. She says, Ma, I don't get it. WHY spend $$ on shower gel? This is nothing special. I took note and listened. I no longer buy and I'm more happy with Dove and OOO!

Super Contributor

On 1/15/2014 Cranberries said:

I've never tried Perlier, but I've been curious. I caught a couple minutes of the presentations here and there channel surfing. Kind of how I discovered Philosophy. Channel surfing, watching some of the presentations, going "Hmmmm..." {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I am an addict to Perlier - both the shower creams, and the body butter. Sometimes they even have the body talc. I love their lavender - which is hard to find. They often have specials on HSN. I have hard water, and their shower creams really lather nicely on the poof.

Contributor

i got gingerbread shower gel for xmas, the 32 oz size.. i'm in love with it.. but i won't buy it for myself, it's very expensive..

Respected Contributor

After having tried several of Philosophy's scents in body washes, I can't say that I'm at all impressed, especially at their prices. Dove body wash is very moisturizing & reasonably priced, easy to get at the grocery store. I recently got about 2 gallons of the Perlier that was a TS on HSN during Dec, so I'm set for quite a long time.

BTW, I always have to laugh when I watch the on-air demos & the hosts, vendors, & customers calling in refer to Philosophy's "flavors." Are they eating the stuff?

Valued Contributor

I like both Philosophy and B&BW. I wouldn't pay full price for Philosophy. They always have big bottles for $12.99 at Nordstrom Rack so I buy them there or maybe TJ Maxx or Marshalls. I buy B&BW when they are on sale. I will say I do not like Ulta's as much as Philosophy or B&BW. I stocked up during a sale last year and although it was adequate it was not as rich, creamy or sudsy. Just super scented.

Honored Contributor

Perlier's pomegranate is nice if you like a heavier scent that sticks to you.

Contributor

Well, I've pretty much given up on philosophy. I'm not going to spend that kind of money on a fragrance that lasts only 5 minutes.

Baby grace and unconditional love were my favorites; before Coty my dirty clothes used to smell nice, now theirs no scent at all. My husband even asks why don't I wear the perfume I used to wear. So many customers have complained but Coty does not care so I'm just fed up.

I'm going back to buying Garden Botanika on line. You can at least create your own signature fragrances. They have 5 categories of fragrances ;florals, fruits, musks, warm, cool and crisp. So you can review all the fragrances online and pick and choose what you want.

You can buy tiny samples pretty cheap so you can experiment and get the fragrance you want before you place your main order. You can get your fragrance, in perfume, lotion, massage oil, so it's perfect for layering and these fragrances and they last a long time. I've mixed my own fragrance and it's pretty close to unconditional love.

Bonus if you become a member, you get a 15% discount. They also have discounts on super Tuesday ( first Tuesday in the month) and if you're a member you get a additional 10% discount the entire month of your birthday. That's 25% off.

Garden Botanika apparently appreciates their customers, so I'm going back home.