Esteemed Contributor

Re: So what's your latest Vitamin C serum?

@Drythe wrote:

Still loving Drunken Elephant and just purchased at 20% off with dermstore anniversary sale.

Know it's pricey, but it doesn't break me out, plays well with Retin-A, and I've never had one go bad.

I am loving this one too @Drythe! I love their whole line.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Drythe wrote:

Still loving Drunken Elephant and just purchased at 20% off with dermstore anniversary sale.

Know it's pricey, but it doesn't break me out, plays well with Retin-A, and I've never had one go bad.

I am loving this one too @Drythe! I love their whole line.

I just finished a bottle of the Drunk Elephant.  I believe it said it was effective for 3 days, so you can factor that into the price maybe!  It has an interesting plastic pop up dispenser.  You turn the cap and the dispenser comes up.

It is sticky and orange.  I discovered the orange color is due to some kind of pumpkin extract, not oxidation.  The airless pump should prevent oxidation.  It smells like Skinceuticals, like bacon or hot dogs!  The scent will dissipate over time.  I really dislike sticky skin care, so I discovered that if I didn't overdo it, the stickiness might sink into the skin. 

I have more or less used different brands of Vitamin C serums, so I cannot say if this one did more than others.  I am currently using Timeless brand, which is much less expensive and a totally different type of serum - thin, not sticky, absorbs quickly, has sort of an alcohol scent.  It says to put in refrigerator to keep it effective longer.

Drunk Elephant was about $90, Timeless about $30.

Hyacinth

Trusted Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

@canada1 Do you like the Korres Wild Rose? I have it and use it occasionally. I'm on the fence.

@cyw_3825 I love Korres Wild Rose oil. Check the reviews at Sephora and on HSN. I also like the cream but I probably like the Yogurt Sleeping Facial better although I am not using either of those right now.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Trusted Contributor

Right now I am using Timeless. I've purchased it three times. I've also used NCN's Vitamin C and Paula's Choice as well as several other brands including Dr. Dennis Gross. I can't say that I've noticed any difference between one brand or another's effects on my skin. But I just did order Deciem's The Ordinary Vitamin C Suspension 23% + HA Spheres 2%. It's getting great reviews on MUA plus it is really inexpensive at $5.80. All of The Ordinary products are getting great reviews so I'm checking them out. I've already been using Deceim's Hylamide SubQ AntiAge & their Booster C25 which can be purchased at CVS.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Esteemed Contributor

Old thread.  I see I posted back in August that I loved Avalon Organics.  I still do, but have been using Amara Organics 20% Vitamin C since January and reeeeally like it too.

Guess I'm fickle.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Old thread.  I see I posted back in August that I loved Avalon Organics.  I still do, but have been using Amara Organics 20% Vitamin C since January and reeeeally like it too.

Guess I'm fickle.

I like the fact that this old thread was pulled up.  It helps me to see who liked what several months ago and whether or not they stuck with what they were using then or decided to try something new.  I'm especially interested in learning about which vitamin c serums are the favorites.  I'm still on my first bottle of Timeless but I'm afraid to re-order since the temperature is rising here, where I live, and stuff sits in my mailbox for 5-6 hours before I get off work and pick it up.  I'm hesitant to have anything sit in a hot mailbox that might be adversely affected by heat.  So now I'm limited, over the next several months, to what's available in the stores locally, unfortunately.  I'm really liking the Timeless serum.

Esteemed Contributor

@Texasmouse ~ since you're interested in what you can buy locally, I can recommend both the Avalon Organics and 40 Carrols Vitamin C lines.  Garnier has a sunscreen with Vit C.  All are available at Walmart, Walgreen's, and your supermarket.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

Thank you, @tototwo Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I recently started using a Lumene vitamin C "dry skin cocktail."  It feels really good on my skin and smells really nice.  I got it very inexpensively at Rite Aid.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org