Trusted Contributor

Re: So what's your latest Vitamin C serum?

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:
I am a Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum fan, have repurchased numerous times. When watching the Elysee TS presentation awhile back I was impressed when the vendor said pycnogenol was even more effective than vitamin c. I waited until I used up what I had and just starts with the TS kit this week, trying to incorporate it with my current routine. In addition, I also use Skinn Enlightened Radiance serum which has several forms of vitamin c I the formulation.

Hi @JeanLouiseFinch I am using the Elysee blue and pycnogonol as well as the Timeless...I figure can't get enough anti oxidents lol I am liking the Elysee ones...and yes i use the Skinn Enlightened radiance serum and cream last step daytimes...If I was any more luminous, I would practically glow in the dark  Woman LOL

btw GO CUBS! Loving this series with the Cards (cuz we are winning them all hee!!!) 

Respected Contributor

I concoct my own Vitamin C serum here using either an essence or compatible other serums mixed with Skinn Restore Vitamin C+ Powder.  It's more stable and works well for me.Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Respected Contributor

Right now I'm using Paula's Choice and liking it.  I wish she would make it in a cream base.  I don't like the glass bottle/dropper.  It's also easier to spill or break.  Cream in a tube is much better. 

Honored Contributor

I've used SKINCEUTICALS Vit. C serum for several yrs. The products were developed at Duke University....expensive, but last quite a while. I also use SKINCEUTICALS EMOLLIENCE moisturizer (same one morning & night which saves money not having 2 different ones) & their eye cream (same one day & night). I've seen a difference in dark spots, hydration & my skin seems brighter. At 68, I'll praise anything that shows a real improvement. I have purchased many skincare lines that make a lot of promises & have ended up in a drawer next to my sink. This is truly on par w/ Perricone & not as expensive.

Contributor

@cyw_3825 wrote:

@canada1 Do you like the Korres Wild Rose? I have it and use it occasionally. I'm on the fence.

@cyw_3825 I really love the Sleeping Facial. I'm on the fence about the other Wild Rose products I've tried. 

Honored Contributor

I have been using Isomers Glutathiosome Serum every morning. She said if you use it you did not need the Vit C. I was using her Vit C before that. It was one I saw a difference with & did not bother my skin.

Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Still loving Drunken Elephant and just purchased at 20% off with dermstore anniversary sale.

Know it's pricey, but it doesn't break me out, plays well with Retin-A, and I've never had one go bad.

I've heard good things about the DE Vita C serum.  If it's still on sale, I may try it.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Respected Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

Still loving Drunken Elephant and just purchased at 20% off with dermstore anniversary sale.

Know it's pricey, but it doesn't break me out, plays well with Retin-A, and I've never had one go bad.

Ugh!  That is expensive.  I'll have to find a dupe.  Thanks for the info, tho'.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Over the past several years, I've tried many serums, and it's my experience that the Vitamin C versions just aren't all they're cracked up to be.     

Honored Contributor

I still haven't found anything that would sway me from continuing with NCN's Vit C serum. It has everything I want in it, doesn't irritate my skin, seems to last well, and is only moderately expensive.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland