Frequent Contributor

Skinn's Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths. Have anyone received and tried these?

If you have, please share your thoughts.  On my TV, the ladies tans looked somewhat orange.  Dimitri said the tan from the cloths was not orange.  I know colors can look different on TV screens and monitors than the actual color.  Also, how does it smell? 

Thank you!

Super Contributor

Re: Skinn's Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths. Have anyone received and tried these?

I'm curious about this product, too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Skinn's Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths. Have anyone received and tried these?

@zgirl wrote:

If you have, please share your thoughts.  On my TV, the ladies tans looked somewhat orange.  Dimitri said the tan from the cloths was not orange.  I know colors can look different on TV screens and monitors than the actual color.  Also, how does it smell? 

Thank you!

All vendors and hosts will say the tan isn't orange.  No one would purchase if they said it was.  Check out Tan Towel. I find them to be very nice - easy, no stinky smell, nice color.

Trusted Contributor

I did order the Skinn TTV Tan Towels but have not received them yet so can't review how the color looks or wears.  I am looking forward to trying tho as Dimitri made a point of saying that he had developed self tanning products for many vendors yet was never pleased quite enough to use any of those formulas for the Skinn line.  He specifically developed his tanning towels to have a natural color and no orange.

Unfortunately, Tan Towels do leave a noticeable orange cast on my skin, especially on my legs.  I have a package of them just sitting in a box because I just can't tolerate the orange.

I will review here when I get the Skinn towels.  It very well could have been your TV as Dimitri was so insistent that he got the color to be very natural and I doubt even Evine would have aired them had the models skin really looked at all orange.  If the models skin really looked orange then Dimitri would have had to address it.  BTW, their skin did not in the least appear orange on my TV

I know my TV from time to time really doesn't show color as accurately as it should and I do have a really nice HD Smart TV.  I think that is just an occasional flaw on all TV's whether HD or not.

Trusted Contributor

I too am curious about the tan.  I didn't buy the TTV, but it didn't appear orange on my TV either.  Figured I'd wait to see if the reviews are good first and then hopefully nab one on his next visit.  I have tried every tanner out there and have never had any good results.  The fading is the absolute worst part.  

Frequent Contributor

I tried Tan Towels and they didn't give me ANY color.  I tried them multiple times, and they didn't work for me.  I am VERY fair.  Also, I smelled like sunless tanner without the tan.  

I tried Vita Liberata last night.  It gave me some color and there was no odor at all, which was wonderful!

I'm looking forward to hearing the reviews when ladies receive their Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths.

Occasional Contributor

IMHO Evine is almost painful to watch due to poor production values.  You don't really appreaciate how well lit QVC and HSN are until you're looking at some shirt, sheet, or what not that is supposed to be pink, sky blue, or ivory and it looks absolutely nothing like the color it's supposed to be.  Oh, and the very bright colors like red or spring green bleed. 

It's not even an non HD/HD issues.  I can flip back and forth between HD and non HD programming and still find the colors to be accurate with no color bleed because the general production values are that much higher. 

From a production standpoint, Evine is like watching 90s local cable access programming. 

Related to the sunless tanning cloths.  I just applied mine and will check back in after my faux tan develops.  This was my first Evine purchase and from a billing, shipping, delievery stand point it was fine.  Still waiting on the product to develop before commenting. 

Occasional Contributor

So I did the tan towels this morning and here are my thoughts:

1) the pink grapefruit body wash is nothing to write home about.  I've had better store brand exfoliating body washes for far less.  It's OK.  Wouldn't buy it on it's own.

2) The towels are barely damp.  I mean like wrung the washcloth out after doing the dises and hung it up to dry overnight damp.  Dimitri said that it wasn't dripping with product but it's thisclose to being dry.  Not sure that's what we're looking for.   Also dug down a few towels and they're just as dry. 

3) I'm *not* orange but I'm uneven.  You can tell I started on the back of my right leg, ankle to thigh, and then came around front because my leg does from dark to light.  My left leg is lighter than my right.  My arms are lighter than my legs.   You get the idea - basically I think the towels ran out of liquid product and you can follow the pattern on my body.   I'm going to have to use another towel in reverse order to balance myself out. 

Good news - not orange but a light tan to northing blotchy white-tannish hodgepodge.  I would say plan on one towel per limb and not one towel per full body application like they were saying during the demo. 

4)  The endless summer lotion is very thick and absorbs ok.  (I just tried a little spot on my arm) but I think people with oily to normal skin - especially if they're well hydrated and regularly moisturize - might find it greasy.   I think what really makes this product work is that it has the same self tanning agents as Jergens Natural Glow self tanner type lotions plus extra moisturizers like aloe, shea butter, etc.  

It's going back.  While I'm not orange, the amount of product I'd need to use to get an even tan isn't worth the price especially since I'm very concerned about the towels drying out completely since the product has now been opened.  Yes, I resealed it firmly and even stuck it in a zippie baggie but no idea how long that will keep things moist.  I did check the package for rips, tears, or punctures but didn't see any.  I think it's poor quality control.   Fifty dollars for 30 barely functional sunless tanning towels  is about forty bucks too much.  Yes, you get other things in the kit, but most of us are looking for a sunless tanner not OK ridealong products that we can easily duplicate from our own stashes or a trip to the drugstore.  If I was evenly tanned from one towel (or even two) I might have kept it.  My having to go through multiple towels to get one even tan and then hope they don't dry out before your next application means that I'll need to replace the towels every month or so and not every three or so months like they made it sound like. 

Fix the packaging issues and I might try again. 

Trusted Contributor

@quirkygal wrote:

So I did the tan towels this morning and here are my thoughts:

1) the pink grapefruit body wash is nothing to write home about.  I've had better store brand exfoliating body washes for far less.  It's OK.  Wouldn't buy it on it's own.

2) The towels are barely damp.  I mean like wrung the washcloth out after doing the dises and hung it up to dry overnight damp.  Dimitri said that it wasn't dripping with product but it's thisclose to being dry.  Not sure that's what we're looking for.   Also dug down a few towels and they're just as dry. 

3) I'm *not* orange but I'm uneven.  You can tell I started on the back of my right leg, ankle to thigh, and then came around front because my leg does from dark to light.  My left leg is lighter than my right.  My arms are lighter than my legs.   You get the idea - basically I think the towels ran out of liquid product and you can follow the pattern on my body.   I'm going to have to use another towel in reverse order to balance myself out. 

Good news - not orange but a light tan to northing blotchy white-tannish hodgepodge.  I would say plan on one towel per limb and not one towel per full body application like they were saying during the demo. 

4)  The endless summer lotion is very thick and absorbs ok.  (I just tried a little spot on my arm) but I think people with oily to normal skin - especially if they're well hydrated and regularly moisturize - might find it greasy.   I think what really makes this product work is that it has the same self tanning agents as Jergens Natural Glow self tanner type lotions plus extra moisturizers like aloe, shea butter, etc.  

It's going back.  While I'm not orange, the amount of product I'd need to use to get an even tan isn't worth the price especially since I'm very concerned about the towels drying out completely since the product has now been opened.  Yes, I resealed it firmly and even stuck it in a zippie baggie but no idea how long that will keep things moist.  I did check the package for rips, tears, or punctures but didn't see any.  I think it's poor quality control.   Fifty dollars for 30 barely functional sunless tanning towels  is about forty bucks too much.  Yes, you get other things in the kit, but most of us are looking for a sunless tanner not OK ridealong products that we can easily duplicate from our own stashes or a trip to the drugstore.  If I was evenly tanned from one towel (or even two) I might have kept it.  My having to go through multiple towels to get one even tan and then hope they don't dry out before your next application means that I'll need to replace the towels every month or so and not every three or so months like they made it sound like. 

Fix the packaging issues and I might try again. 

Thanks @quirkygal for your detailed review...

I have tried the tan towels from hsn and I got an ok base color but some areas of missed/underdeveloped color/streaks...I have used the St Tropez mousse last year and I have a Vita Libertata I still have to test...I like having a guide color so you don't miss areas...

I remember Dimitri saying he used 5 towels to do his whole body! I was like "wow 5?" ...seemed like a lot of towels...I think the lack of moisture in the towels is another thing that makes me ok with not ordering...I like how tan towels are individually wrapped versus all in one package like his appeared to be...I might look for the towels on the bay if they can be had for under 20 ,I may give them a go knowing I will need several towels to do my whole body...sounds like the color wasn't orange-y which is a big bonus...

this self tanning thing is becoming such a hassle...maybe I should be happy with my natural color...or head back to the tanning beds Woman Indifferent 

Valued Contributor

I liked them! I looked like I had a real tan. The bronzer looked good. The towels were pretty dry but I think that is how they are supposed to be. I think the only con is the expense. It would get expensive to use all the time.