Frequent Contributor

Re: Skinn's Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths. Have anyone received and tried these?

Thank you for your reviews!

How was the smell? 

Occasional Contributor

Re: Skinn's Simply Sunkissed Sunless Tanning Cloths. Have anyone received and tried these?

I didn't notice a strong smell per se.  There was a light scent after it fully developed but I think that has more to do with the chemical reaction of the sunless tanner developing and reacting with your body.  I think it helps that there was so little produt on the towel so you don't overdo it. 

Occasional Contributor

@Krissy_1968 wrote:

I remember Dimitri saying he used 5 towels to do his whole body! I was like "wow 5?" ...seemed like a lot of towels...I think the lack of moisture in the towels is another thing that makes me ok with not ordering... Woman Indifferent 

I heard that and thought he meant five towels to get his base color.  They were talking about using more than once to get to where you wanted to be then just maintaining that color.  But if it took five each time - YIKES! 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have used 3 of the 5 products in the tanning TTV.  the tanningcloths: I had a base tan from previous sunless tanning so one cloth gave me decent color.  My cloth was damp to closer to dry but it did the trick.  I agree the container needs to be changed .  If you use 2 cloths per week , I highly doubt they would not dry out.  I really like the bronzing oil( that is the main reason I abought the kit) and i really like the sunless lotion that came in it a well.It is thick and has a nice smell. the tanning cloths smell nice going on, but a few hours in I had the faint self tanner smell emerging. The price for all 5 items is good, but I would be hesitant to order the tanning towels seperate , and who knows how much they would be as a single item. .  

Honored Contributor

I just like a litle bit of color on my legs and arms, so I bought only the lotion on ebay, going to give it a try as my daily body lotion in summer.

Trusted Contributor

My Skinn towels are barely damp so if I do try them, I would definitely have to use multiples to achieve a balanced tan all over.  The few reviews I read on Evine all complained about this problem.  I think Dimitri needs to rethink his packaging.

Have not decided whether to keep or return.  I like the bronzer product and the large tube of gradual Self Tanner might be enough to warrant keeping as it wasn't overly expensive to start with.