Respected Contributor
I think the products are made in the US, but the packaging is from China. Per his website, they don't test on animals which means he's not selling to China since they require animal testing.
Trusted Contributor
On 7/31/2014 makeup addict said: I think the products are made in the US, but the packaging is from China. Per his website, they don't test on animals which means he's not selling to China since they require animal testing.

I agree with you. I do believe all his products are made in the U.S.A. but the casings that the make-up is may be "made in China". He is the manufacturer and does not test on animals. Even his make-up brushes are cruelty free - YEAH FOR THAT!

Trusted Contributor
My understanding is that Skinn imports most (if not all) of their color cosmetics. The FDA has strict guidelines regarding the labeling of skin care and cosmetics. If you own Skinn products, you can confirm for yourself which products are made in Torrence, Ca. and which products Skinn acquires from other companies by comparing the labels to the FDA guidelines. The products made in Torrence state
Manufactured in the USA by
Skinn Cosmetics, LLC
Torrence, CA 90503

The products Skinn does not manufacture, but buys from other makers state things like:
Distributed exclusively by
Skinn Cosmetics, LLC
Torrence, CA 90503

OR...
Manufactured exclusively for
Skinn Cosmetics, LLC
Torrence, CA 90503

SuzyQ3 shated last year that she was told via a phone conversation with his company that his make-up was made in China. This subject has been discussed on other threads. The FDA has very strict labeling guidelines that must be followed, and the labels on Skinn make-up follow those guidelines, which is the reason they won't state they were manufactured in the USA by Skinn if they were actually manufactured by other makers and/or in other countries.

pasted below is SuzyQ3's original post from last year... I had read some old threads here about where Skinn eyeshadows were manufactured. People seemed confused. I had purchased one of the Luxe Premier Eyeshadow palettes and read the information on the back of the package, which said "Manufactured exlusively for Skinn Cosmetics, LLC, Torrance, CA 90503 -- followed by an address in Brussels, Belgium.

I just called their corporate office in Torrance and asked them where exactly these shadows are manufactured. The answer was Taiwan, which is China, of course. She said, after checking with at least two people in the company, that all their make-up is made in China but that their skincare is made in the U.S. I told her that the package information for the shadows is deceptive, to put it nicely. I also told her that that information is nowhere to be found on either their own website or on ShopNBC.
@(-_-)@ ~lyn~
Birman =^..^= Servant
Member since 04.2007

Honored Contributor
On 7/31/2014 makeup addict said: I think the products are made in the US, but the packaging is from China. Per his website, they don't test on animals which means he's not selling to China since they require animal testing.

This is my understanding.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to recheck the makeup I have from SKINN.

I thought the items I do use were made in the USA.

If not, I won'tl repurchase!

Honored Contributor

Thanks to Lyn In MI for re-posting my information. Yes, it is correct. Unless something has changed, their color cosmetics are made in Taiwan, according to their corporate office in Torrance, CA. There was no ambiguity in their response to my question.

That said, I do occasionally use both the Luxe eye shadow palettes that I had purchased on eBay back then. At first, I was not impressed; many of the colors seemed a bit muddy and not distinct from one another. But I have found a few shades that I do like.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I will find it difficult to give up SKINN's smudgesticks. Those things are fabulous.

I'm also a big fan of his Patina eyeshadows.

Trusted Contributor
On 7/31/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/31/2014 Karena said:

Hi my2britts - My apologies. That is very misleading!! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Classy poster Smiley Happy

Awwww, thank you, BellaCarro. {#emotions_dlg.blushing}

Respected Contributor

This is disappointing. I love a couple of his palettes and have a couple smudge sticks too, I really like them but this bums me out. I guess I could have noticed this before but didnt think about it as I figured they were made here too. I guess I am just going to trust him that he knows what he is doing with his choice of manufacturing over there.

I just pulled out a Teen Tone cheek and lip glow from a TTV probably last year, I had tossed it aside thinking my skin would eat it up...wrong. Wow I am loving this color, happy I hung onto it. It makes a nice stain, I had a bandage on my finger, I got a little on it and the color never budged from that all day either!

It lasts all day on the cheeks and makes a nice natural effect to your lips, I add the 6x lip gloss (the gloss not the serum) over it and it really looks nice. Just like DJ says, like your lips when you were a kid! If you tossd your aside, check it out, you might be surprised.

Made in PRC tho darn it...

Frequent Contributor

Thanks Lynn and SuzyQ3 for the explanation. SHQ has the description wrong. Only two of the four products are made in the USA.