Trusted Contributor
I am on the fence about ordering the kit with cleansers, dermapeel, YPC and orchid gel. I can always use all the products but mainly I want to try the orchid gel. Not sure why I think this is any different from other primers that I have been underwhelmed with. Any thoughts?
Super Contributor

Re: Skinn Orchid Gel

[ Edited ]

This is the one primer I broke out from and I have tried quite a few.  But then I get all sort of skin problems from Skinn.  He has too many ingredients in all his products and some of them don't agree with me or I'm allergic to them.  I gave Skinn a try several times but finally gave up. 

Super Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:
I am on the fence about ordering the kit with cleansers, dermapeel, YPC and orchid gel. I can always use all the products but mainly I want to try the orchid gel. Not sure why I think this is any different from other primers that I have been underwhelmed with. Any thoughts?

Order this kit!  I have been using Orchid Gel for years.  I have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, a history of teen/adult acne, oily, etc.  This does NOT break me out.  It keeps the oil at bay and your makeup goes on so smoothly.  I cannot say enough good things about this primer.  I have used high end primers, and others like Laura Geller, IT, Smashbox, etc.  Nothing, in my opinion, compares to Skinn's Orchid Gel primer.  His face cleansers are wonderful and I primarily got this kit because the price costs almost as much as what you would pay for the Orchid gel.  The dermapeel is fantastic.  If it is too strong for your face, use it on your feet!

Occasional Visitor

I had used the Orchid from another channel.  It balls up.  Mally's does not ball up and gives the same poreless look.  I ending up throwing the other out.  That was my experience.  Good luck.

Esteemed Contributor

@ladystuff wrote:

I had used the Orchid from another channel.  It balls up.  Mally's does not ball up and gives the same poreless look.  I ending up throwing the other out.  That was my experience.  Good luck.

I'm sorry to say same here, @ladystuff. It doesn't matter what moisturizer, or even none, it balls up into disgusting white balls.

I've also used Mally's and it's good. Smashbox no problem. But Orchid Gel is a no go for me. It balls up a lot and ruins your make up.

A few days ago I ordered Eve Pearl Repair Cream, which I'm looking forward to trying.

Respected Contributor

It's fabulous!!  I've been using it for quite some time.  My makeup stays on all day.  It smooth on your face.  Most of all, it doesn't ball up.  I like it much better then Spackle.  With Orchid Gel you don't have to wait for it to dry.  Best primer I've used so far.  

Trusted Contributor

Thank you ladies. i guess It works differently on everyone. I think I will try it. I know I can use the cleansers and the other items in the kit. I wish I wouldn't watch the Skinn shows or I wish I had the discipline to not buy anything. I did buy the Neck Amour. I hope the weather is beautiful wherever you are. 

Trusted Contributor

I ordered the kit with the Neck Amore and used the discount code so I got $15 off.  

Honored Contributor

Ordered it and hated it. Balled up, made my skin itch....did NOT wow me in any way.

Super Contributor

FYI the pilling/balling factor people are referencing.  The product is thick and you only need a little bit.  I take it out and rub between my fingers, like you might do with a thicker concealer like IT Bye Bye undereye.  Then I spread it on my face and there is absolutely, no balling up.  I am someone who waits 5 minutes after putting on my moisturizer before putting on my primer.  I want the moisturizer to have time to soak into the skin.  With primers, I find that if I don't give the moisturizer this time period, they don't work as well.  So maybe this also contributes to the pill factor.  But honestly, I have no pilling whatsoever with this product.  A little goes a long way.