Super Contributor

Skinn Botanalift tinted moisturizer with SPF. Yay or Nay?

I love Skinn's regular SPF (now that I know the proper order in which to use it I'm sure I'll love it even more! lol)......and am thinking of trying the Botanalift tinted moisturizer with SPF now that summer is in full swing and I don't want to wear foundation. 

Opinions?  I've heard it runs dark.......what color would you suggest if I take a true Medium (with pink undertones) in Bare Minerals?

Thanks for any input!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Skinn Botanalift tinted moisturizer with SPF. Yay or Nay?

@Krissy_1968,

Hello~

Will be with you later ( my purchase), but can you answer this question?

You are SO knowledgeable about this line.

Thank you, 

NAES

Also @Gokat.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES   Aren't you the sweet one to shout out to @Krissy_1968  and me to help the OP?!?Woman Very HappyHeart

I already posted some info and suggested she start this thread for even more info from those who are using it.  Thanks for thinking of me, and I hope Your Skinn selections are working out well for you.Woman Happy

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Valued Contributor

@emma bunting wrote:

I love Skinn's regular SPF (now that I know the proper order in which to use it I'm sure I'll love it even more! lol)......and am thinking of trying the Botanalift tinted moisturizer with SPF now that summer is in full swing and I don't want to wear foundation. 

Opinions?  I've heard it runs dark.......what color would you suggest if I take a true Medium (with pink undertones) in Bare Minerals?

Thanks for any input!

@emma bunting  I started using Botanilift SPF tinted moisturizer about 2 months ago and it's worked very well for me.  I apply it (with foundation brush) over Dimitri's Plasma Fusion serum foundation and find the finish to be lovely.  For reference, I wear the SPF in Porcelain and Plasma Fusion in a combo of both "light" shades.  It has protected my skin beautifully even in very long outdoor stretches.  Hope this helps a bit.

Honored Contributor

@emma bunting wrote:

Thanks for any input!

@emma bunting  I've been using either the BotaniLift of the Intellitint lately.  No matter which, I always swipe a little Laura Geller Baked Elements over it.  The BotaniLift definitely runs dark.  I'm typically a medium in most foundations, sometimes a light-medium if that's an option.  If you are Caucasian and really tan, the medium would probably work, but without a tan I'd suggest you go with light.  The IntelliTint, IMO, runs more along the lines of other same named shades.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Emma!

I don't know about the Botanalift, but I've tried other SKINN tinted moisturizers and foundations and they all run dark.  Orange too.  On me anyway.   I'm usually a fair to light and have pink undertones.

I think his SPF is chemical now, where he used to say he'd never use a chemical sunscreen.  Used to have one without the benzones.  I don't think he does anymore.

I won't use the benzones.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@emma bunting wrote:

Thanks for any input!

@emma bunting  I've been using either the BotaniLift of the Intellitint lately.  No matter which, I always swipe a little Laura Geller Baked Elements over it.  The BotaniLift definitely runs dark.  I'm typically a medium in most foundations, sometimes a light-medium if that's an option.  If you are Caucasian and really tan, the medium would probably work, but without a tan I'd suggest you go with light.  The IntelliTint, IMO, runs more along the lines of other same named shades.  

I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch that these Botanilift shades run dark...I normally wear light in most makeup...LG and Skinn...I bought the porcelain and it would def be considered light for most brands...I have used it several times but I do use a powder (Laura Geller Baked Elements in light) afterwards as I am not found of a "dewy" look...I have no bad reactions to the chemical sunscreen he uses (I DID seem to develop an issue with a Goop physical one which broke me out after decades of never seeing a zit on my face Woman Sad) I really like it for quick out the door days when I want some coverage but need to be fast...I would recommend going a shade lighter than you normally use...I have slight pink undertones and don't find it to be too yellow like so many foundations seem to go these days...HTH's!

Esteemed Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@NAES1   Aren't you the sweet one to shout out to @Krissy_1968  and me to help the OP?!?Woman Very HappyHeart

I already posted some info and suggested she start this thread for even more info from those who are using it.  Thanks for thinking of me, and I hope Your Skinn selections are working out well for you.Woman Happy

@I had just logged on, saw the 1 question from Emma and •knew• that you, @Gokat  and\or @Krissy_1968 knewknew an ( almost) encyclopedia worthy information contained to be the best judges.

You are too kind with regards, but I have noted each of your comments, along with different experiences, personally.....Heart that was actually how I was introduced and intrigued >>>>go TRY.

Gokat, haven't received yet, but know with the 7 PC and the 5 PC, there will be at least TWO favorites that I possibly may be able to alternate what I am using now.

Sure do think that I missed OUT ...not purchasing the fusion ?(plasma) foundation. 

He will surely be on again with the same presentation again for next time 

It takes me a long time before I change over to anything that goes for my facial skincare routine.

I do use {®physical sunscreen in Skin Medica}; pricey, yes, but can't take a chance using a chemical analysis of anything. BUT! May 'BE' fortunate enough NOT to have any irritating effects if one is included in the larger kits.

I'll let you know how my [ KITS] selected `<all new<` products are compatible with fragile sensitive skin.

"What is questionable to me is::::: the cost".....

One product that I use can not come up to what 1 KIT did cost me!

Never been laxed in penny pinching for quality, but 'if this does deem excellent', Skinn may just be the leader of all comprehensive competitive prices for all others to follow. 

I check the ingredients and know ( most of ) the mark ups ....that are unnecessary to be paying....

Of course I am trying these one at a time.

This will be my 1st skin on skincare products, other than the eye kit and the 3 blushes from earlier this year.

He is a smart marketing manager.

Hope to talk with you and Krissy next time. And, definitely everyone else who knows Skinn.

Please remember I am completely new to this, so I have to ask questions about its origins, ingredients; I do definitely listen when time is allowed for my scheduled time. 

Thank you both in helping Emma out on the question.

NAES

Woman Happy

@Hello @Krissy_1968

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Hi Emma!

I don't know about the Botanalift, but I've tried other SKINN tinted moisturizers and foundations and they all run dark.  Orange too.  On me anyway.   I'm usually a fair to light and have pink undertones.

I think his SPF is chemical now, where he used to say he'd never use a chemical sunscreen.  Used to have one without the benzones.  I don't think he does anymore.

I won't use the benzones.

Sadly, I can't use anything with chemical sunscreen in it. Plus, the docs I know have always stressed using a separate physical spf due to the fact you won't get enough protection if it's mixed in with a foundation or moisturizer. Since I wear spf 50 (lowest would be 35 and that's on a cloudy day and not leaving the house, lol) I know I will always need to purchase a seperate one.

Esteemed Contributor

@NAES1 wrote:

@Krissy_1968,

Hello~

Will be with you later ( my purchase), but can you answer this question?

You are SO knowledgeable about this line.

Thank you, 

NAES

@Also @Gokat.

@Krissy_1968 @Gokat "......my two purchases: 1 a 7pc and 1 a five pc hopefully should arrive today". 

ahh, I do remember - now- one kit of 7 did have the two cleansers\ day& night. 

Both were approximately just under $200. but well worth it receiving full size try me products.

The one moisturizer I ( almost have) do use is about $40. for 1 oz, for sensitive skin. 

I cannot begin to tell the cost of products made for very sensitive skin.....also very difficult in finding, usually a 5 day wait, if in stock, so NOW I can buy these{ if compatible \skin} at any time or ?presentation.

Note of interest: 

Never had fragile sensitive skin until I became allergic to one medication which completely turned my entire systematic hormonal imbalance totally 360°. That was an after effect from 2008. Never again! And, this was an incident that rarely would be this aggressive to most women. 

Being in medical education teaching, yes, I do know how this possible could occur. I never had been subjected to something that I   •••••1•••••  time had taken to affect me as I have mention.

This is why I am so interested in this line, especially the ingredients I have researched.

@ Hello @ Gokat.

Heartto all the reviews from posting that interested me this much.

NAES