Contributor

Simply Straight brush?

[ Edited ]

Was curious to see if anyone here has tried this straightening brush on their hair, and if so, does it work better than a flat iron? 

TIA 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Esteemed Contributor

Simply Straight is just the latest infomercial heated styling brush to come along.  I've seen more expensive versions of the heated styling brush presented on both HSN and QVC.  If you check out Amazon you may be able to see some reviews for Simply Straight and some of the other models.  Personally I haven't tried the heated brush yet.  My brush is one of those heated air dryer/styling brush. Same concept only you can use it on wet hair.  Based on my positive experience using the dryer/brush tool I will probably buy a heated brush to use on days when I just need the hot styling and no drying.  My hair is tight kinky curly and no flat iron has touched for more than two years.  I don't even get flat ironed at the salon anymore.  With the new tools available to professionals and for at home use I see flat ironing as an unnecessary extra damaging step for hair styling.  

Esteemed Contributor

Saw this the other day on TV and wondered the same thing.

I've been using a Spin Brush for years and it works great.  I'm not sure I'd get anything more from this newest addition.

I like the spin brush because I can hold it in place and get decent lift as the brush head is about 2" and round.  Kinda like using big hot curlers.

Decided I'd just stick with what worked.  I have an expensive flat iron, but never use it because it is so hot and just leave me with straight, lifeless hair.

Honored Contributor

@Trix wrote:

Simply Straight is just the latest infomercial heated styling brush to come along.  I've seen more expensive versions of the heated styling brush presented on both HSN and QVC.  If you check out Amazon you may be able to see some reviews for Simply Straight and some of the other models.  Personally I haven't tried the heated brush yet.  My brush is one of those heated air dryer/styling brush. Same concept only you can use it on wet hair.  Based on my positive experience using the dryer/brush tool I will probably buy a heated brush to use on days when I just need the hot styling and no drying.  My hair is tight kinky curly and no flat iron has touched for more than two years.  I don't even get flat ironed at the salon anymore.  With the new tools available to professionals and for at home use I see flat ironing as an unnecessary extra damaging step for hair styling.  

@Trix

May I ask which one you use? TIA!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Saw this the other day on TV and wondered the same thing.

I've been using a Spin Brush for years and it works great.  I'm not sure I'd get anything more from this newest addition.

I like the spin brush because I can hold it in place and get decent lift as the brush head is about 2" and round.  Kinda like using big hot curlers.

Decided I'd just stick with what worked.  I have an expensive flat iron, but never use it because it is so hot and just leave me with straight, lifeless hair.

@Witchy Woman

Thanks for your review of this one too, I could use it in between washings!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@Trix

I use a very inexpensive Conair 3-in1 Ceramic Hot Air Brush at home which you can find at Sally, Amazon, Target and many other retailers that sell Conair hair tools.  At the salon my hairdresser gets my hair phenomenally straight with a round brush and blow dryer.  If it's a day wher emy hair requires additional smoothing she'll give my style some extra curl/smoothing using a curling iron.  

Esteemed Contributor
I'm a big fan of the new L'Oreal products. try their straight products. I've been able to stop using a flat iron and get great results that last a few days just using a paddle brush.
Trusted Contributor

@Trix wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Trix wrote:

@Trix

I use a very inexpensive Conair 3-in1 Ceramic Hot Air Brush at home which you can find at Sally, Amazon, Target and many other retailers that sell Conair hair tools.  At the salon my hairdresser gets my hair phenomenally straight with a round brush and blow dryer.  If it's a day wher emy hair requires additional smoothing she'll give my style some extra curl/smoothing using a curling iron.  

I have the same one I believe.  It is Conair and I bought it at Ulta.  It is great and I believe I got it for close to $20 or so with an Ulta coupon.  I see no need to spend a lot when this product works just as well as the more expensive versions.

Frequent Contributor

I purchased the straight brush on HSN. Used it exactly one time and it went back. I have shoulder length hair that is fine. The brush first of all is VERY heavy. Plus it is straight so trying to maneuver it near the natural curve of the head/scalp is impossible vs a round type of product. It was a total waste of money for me. OH....and despite what they said, I continually burned my fingers tring to get the hair to engage with the brush.

Respected Contributor

Go to Amazon and search for straightening brush.  Many will pop up in the $30 range.  Read the reviews and buy one of those for the same appliance with a much cheaper price!