Respected Contributor

Re: Sigh....How many more days is Christmas in July?

I mean, if I had the money to buy for everyone outside my immediate family, maybe I wouldn't mind so much , but starting the buy, buy, buy for Christmas when it's 100 degrees in July is too much!  It's bad enough closer to Christmas when they go through the whole "Pick up one for the bus driver, the person thet walks your dog, your neighbor...

yeah, right, like I can afford that.

Super Contributor

@Alexa6352 wrote:

I actually like the Christmas in July shows. I have 9 Nieces & Nephews & my Mother-in-law to buy for.  Their Toy Shop helps me get things for all the kids & Valerie Parr Hill and Lexox & I bought the Angel Throw TSV for my mother-in-law. So now, I just checked off my list and now I can enjoy the rest of the Summer and when it comes Nov & Dec, when everyone is running around looking for things, I have no craziness going on. I know everyone doesn't feel that way..BUT it works for me!

You sound like a wonderful aunt and DIL @Alexa6352.  Actually, I really admire those who wisely shop throughout the year for Christmas.  I've even entertained doing it myself but had to admit that I am just not that coordinated or organized to do so. It sure saves savvy shoppers like you the last minute craziness especially at the big box stores.

It's all the vendors --online, on TV, and the big box stores that keep pushing commercialized Christmas at us throughout the year.  I fully expect some retailer trying to start a Christmas in February trend.  Crazy? Yes. But I wouldn't be surprised.

Respected Contributor

Too many!

Super Contributor

I love Christmas as much as anyone but honestly I am over stocked with decorations. QVC starts doing Christmas at the end of October and goes non stop until the end of December. I certainly am not going to pay full price shipping on every Christmas present I buy so I do little TV shopping that time of year.

Honored Contributor

Christmas In July?  No thanks!

JMHO, many ejoy it, so I just look elsewhere.  I am still buying summer clothes and fans, LOL

Image result for funny photo of bored cat

Esteemed Contributor

Well if Friday,Saturday and Sunday wasn't enough, we now have Wednesday and Thursday. REALLY!!!! When will it be enough---apparently never. I give up on the Q.

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

SAVE ME!!!!!!

That says it all for me. LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning