Honored Contributor

Re: Should I file a fraud claim?

@ElvisShops  Are you sure your card was charged?  Maybe you just authorized the charge, but it hasn't actually posted yet?  Charges don't usually post until the day something ships.  If it is an actual charge, tell your CC company what you've told us (that you haven't received the item) and that you want to dispute the charge.  They will waive that amount on your statement while they investigate and come to a decision.  

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I purchased an item from a company on 6/4. My card was charged on 6/6. Today is 6/29, and my order still says processing. I have left at least three emails and two voice messages. No one answers the phone, and no one has responded to my emails or voice messages. It is a smallish company, but it doesn't take a big staff to answer an email in a month's time. I am really ticked off.

@ElvisShops

I don't see any indication of fraud ....  they just haven't send you the item.  

Call your CC card ... ASAP.   Don't wait.

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@ElvisShops  Are you sure your card was charged?  Maybe you just authorized the charge, but it hasn't actually posted yet?  Charges don't usually post until the day something ships.  If it is an actual charge, tell your CC company what you've told us (that you haven't received the item) and that you want to dispute the charge.  They will waive that amount on your statement while they investigate and come to a decision.  

It's pretty likely the OP checked it online as to when the charge was posted to her account. Call your CC company to start a dispute investigation.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

The company might be in China -- and they may not speak English.

Shipping from China takes a LONG TIME.

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It's pretty likely the OP checked it online as to when the charge was posted to her account. Call your CC company to start a dispute investigation.

The charge posted on 6/6. The company is in Florida. It is small but not unknown. I just can't understand why they won't respond to me about my order. I would have been fine if they had said, hey, it's on backorder. However, I have not heard a peep.

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

The charge posted on 6/6. The company is in Florida. It is small but not unknown. I just can't understand why they won't respond to me about my order. I would have been fine if they had said, hey, it's on backorder. However, I have not heard a peep.

I guess I'll what so many others have already said....call your cc company.