Honored Contributor

Jhirmack Silver Plus Shampoo !!

[ Edited ]
  1. Found this at Wal-Mart, Wowza!!! Google reviews. Very pleased with my results. First use noticed results. Grey hair looked & felt AMAZING. Ingredients list a couple- green tea extract and folic acid strengthen and condition hair. CQ10 protects hair from styling damage and environmental stressors. Macadamia oil moisturizers rough limp hair without leaving scalp greasy. Take the guess- work out of hair care and reach for the brand that's tried and true. Alternate Dove Oxygen shampoo- YouTube Paula's Choice highly recommends. Lately humidity makes my hair frizzy. Small tiny amount of coconut oil, Apply on dry hair tames frizz. Long grey hair shimmers with volume and health. 

CeraVe-My HG 

Having experienced high end products, CeraVe wins!! Dry skin often challenging finding products that aren't greasy. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream- Isn't greasy & retains moisture. Bonus! Pump version keeps the cream sanitary.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shirmack Silver Plus Shampoo !!

@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
  1. Found this at Wal-Mart, Wowza!!! Google reviews. Very pleased with my results. First use noticed results. Grey hair looked & felt AMAZING. Ingredients list a couple- green tea extract and folic acid strengthen and condition hair. CQ10 protects hair from styling damage and environmental stressors. Macadamia oil moisturizers rough limp hair without leaving scalp greasy. Take the guess- work out of hair care and reach for the brand that's tried and true. Alternate Dove Oxygen shampoo- YouTube Paula's Choice highly recommends. Lately humidity makes my hair frizzy. Small tiny amount of coconut oil, Apply on dry hair tames frizz. Long grey hair shimmers with volume and health. 

CeraVe-My HG 

Having experienced high end products, CeraVe wins!! Dry skin often challenging finding products that aren't greasy. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream- Isn't greasy & retains moisture. Bonus! Pump version keeps the cream sanitary.

TOTALLY AGREE! Even MY horrible, sparse, stringy hair likes this shampoo, and the numerous bald spots even seem to be growing in! 

My oil of choice is Argan- 7 drops on almost dry hair- Orphan Annie Curls, no frizz! 

Now that we've found it, they'll probably stop selling it @Sweet_Serenity, LOL.

Honored Contributor

I have never heard of Shirmack could the name be Jhermack

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

It's Jhirmack, and it's wonderful.
I just recently started using it for every

shampoo, and I've found a great improvement
in my almost white hair.

It was getting thin and almost like magic, it's so much better, I'm hooked!!

That's how we roll in the shire..
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jhirmack Silver Plus Shampoo !!

Thank you for this thread.  I agree wholeheartedly!  I've used Jhirmack Silver for over 2 years and it keeps my light gray hair sparkling.   I only use it 2X a week, tho, as I've heard that using it more often may cause hair to turn purple. 

Last spring we took a trip and I didn't take my Jhirmack with me -  used only hotel shampoo for 3 weeks.  By the time I got back home, my hair was yellow-ish and dull.  Looked like straw!  After one shampoo with Jhirmack Silver, my hair was soft, manageable, sparkly, and shiney once again.  So I know I can't go without it.  I highly recommend Jhirmack Silver for ladies with silver hair.  My husband uses it too.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

Thank you so much for posting this. I found it at my local cvs today and will try it tomorrow. I am  attempting to not color my hair anymore, and I have at least 50 shades of gray now and some other colors I have never had before, but I noticed that after a time the gray began looking a bit dull. I was researching some products  and stopped for a bit to read the blogs, when I saw your post, so I ran right out and got someSmiley Happy 

Trusted Contributor

This has been around for ages, but hard to find if your favorite stores don't carry it. I don't know if they ever changed it through the years. I used to use one for dry hair by Jhirmack in the late 80s that smelled of oranges. I wish I could find that one. I'll look for this version

Regular Contributor

Thanks for the info, I am now excited to try this. I have used the original version for years ,when I am blonde, and had no idea about this version.

Trusted Contributor

@StraytoStay wrote:

This has been around for ages, but hard to find if your favorite stores don't carry it. I don't know if they ever changed it through the years. I used to use one for dry hair by Jhirmack in the late 80s that smelled of oranges. I wish I could find that one. I'll look for this version

I remember that shampoo.

My Mom used to buy it in the early 80's. I used to use it. It smelled so lovely. I loved the orange scent to it. 

Trusted Contributor

@cah wrote:

It's Jhirmack, and it's wonderful.
I just recently started using it for every

shampoo, and I've found a great improvement
in my almost white hair.

It was getting thin and almost like magic, it's so much better, I'm hooked!!

I would love to try it, too.

My hair is probably fifty percent gray now, in the front.

It's graying front to back, from top to bottom. It's still dark blond on the bottom half, but graying on the top towards the back and bottom. It looks more silver than gray, but I would like to try a shampoo like this, and see what it does for the gray/silver areas of my hair. Smiley Happy