Honored Contributor

Sherri Shepherd Going Natural On The View

I was watching The View and Sherri was cohosting (I think Friday). Surprisingly she came out with her natural hair, no wig. She was following the lead of Sheryl Underwood from The Talk who has gone without her wigs. That's fine with me but I think it's an odd move for someone who has a line of wigs she sells. Sherri wanted to be an example to young women that you don't always have to wear weaves and wigs. Isn't she afraid this might cut into her sales?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Sherri Shepherd Going Natural On The View

If someone is interested in buying a wig, they'll do it regardless of what Sherri decides to wear. 

Honored Contributor

@kivah wrote:

If someone is interested in buying a wig, they'll do it regardless of what Sherri decides to wear. 

I don't know, that's like a chef who doesn't eat his own food. Some people are followers and will do what someone famous does.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was watching The View and Sherri was cohosting (I think Friday). Surprisingly she came out with her natural hair, no wig. She was following the lead of Sheryl Underwood from The Talk who has gone without her wigs. That's fine with me but I think it's an odd move for someone who has a line of wigs she sells. Sherri wanted to be an example to young women that you don't always have to wear weaves and wigs. Isn't she afraid this might cut into her sales?

Sheryl Underwood isn't a leader .....   whether she wears wigs or not.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't believe that she plans on making this a thing where you never again see her with a wig, soI don't believe a single appearance without her wig is going to affect her sales.